3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2016 12:58 PM by Intel Corporation

C++ library 4D systems touch screen for intel edison

Guimficus

Hello guys,

I'm working on a project which includes some components among which a touch screen for 4D Systems. Previously, I was working on Arduino card and IDE. But in case of lack of resources, I change to the Intel Edison platform with Eclipse C++ IDE. But the problem is that the library I used to control the touch screen is only make for arduino IDE. So, I don't know which library to use now. Is there another which permit me to drive my 4D Systems screen? Thank you in advance.

• 1. Re: C++ library 4D systems touch screen for intel edison
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi Guimficus,

Unfortunately, there aren't libraries for this display. However, you could try using the Arduino library with Edison. Besides the Eclipse IDE, you can also program the Edison with the Arduino IDE, this means that some Arduino libraries that were used on Arduino UNO projects, can also be used with Edison. In the following thread, another user was able to use a 4D systems display with Edison and the Arduino IDE, you might find it useful: https://communities.intel.com/message/333659#333659

Regards,
          Diego

• 2. Re: C++ library 4D systems touch screen for intel edison
            Guimficus

Hello Diego,

Thank you for your reply. I've already try to use the same library with the edison board in Arduino IDE. It walks very well but as I was saying, I change this IDE to Eclipse C++ to be able to use MRAA and UPM libraries because I also have motor, sensors, bluetooth and wifi modules.... to drive. That's why I want to use this display in this IDE. But I've a question: Do you know the path of the library already install in eclipse C++ IDE? May be I can copy this library and modify some of its files. Please, tell me what you think?

Regards,

Guimficus

• 3. Re: C++ library 4D systems touch screen for intel edison
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi Guimficus,

The path where the libraries are located is the following: C:\...\iss-iot-win\devkit-x86\sysroots\i586-poky-linux\usr\include

I don't think that it'll work just by copying the Arduino library in that path. Probably, the library has been written to be used with the Arduino IDE only. Anyhow, you can try it and see if it works.

If it doesn't work, another option would be to have an Arduino sketch and a C++ script running at the same time. The first one would manage the display while the second one would manage the sensors and other devices you have. You can share data between environments with txt files, just as it's described in the following document: https://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2015/05/05/efficient-data-sharing-using-interrupts-on-intel-edison. This is a workaround that might work in case the other approach of using the display directly from the C++ script doesn't work.

Regards,
              Diego