Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20496 Discussions

HDMI cuts out watching some catch up TV content on some TVs

SWall3
Beginner

Mentally exhausted after 2 days trying to fathom this out - help most welcome!

We want to watch catchup TV on our main Sony Bravia TV (BRAVIA KDL-46EX403) via HDMI. We know it works from our Windows 10 PCs so we bought a small Lenovo MIIX 300 running Windows 10 32bit to hook up to the TV. It has a Atom Z3735F and runs Intel HD Graphics driver (I tried the three most recent Intel releases).

HDMI output from MIIX to Bravia works normally until I play TV content on some channels. For example, UK BBC and ITV programmes work correctly but Channel 4 and Channel 5 output does not work, although their adverts do work! It just cuts out (video and audio) while the TV programmes are showing - then works again when there is an ad break or the programme ends. Every now and again the signal pops back on then cuts a second or two later.

BUT

The same HDMI output works OK when I connect the MIIX to an older Samsung TV

AND

When I play the same video content using the same browser from my normal laptop it plays correctly on the Bravia TV.

So there is something specifically incompatible between the MIIX and the Bravia when playing those channels. It sounds like a driver / firmware issue as both boxes have shown they can do the job when connected to a different partner.

If we can't work this out the PC will have to be returned as it is pointless if it can't do the job we bought it for.

Thanks for any explanations - I can't believe something so simple has been so difficult.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi scwallace,

It will be necessary to narrow down the issue first. Your unit seems to have an issue of compatibility with the Sony TV. As you said the older TV works properly with the tablet.

Lenovo support website.

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/landingpage/contact/ http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/landingpage/contact/

Make sure you already have the BIOS and drivers from Lenovo support page. If it is possible test your hardware with a high speed HDMI cable.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi scwallace,

I am following your case. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Mike C
0 Kudos