6 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2016 10:45 AM by Intel Corporation

Audio problems -- copying from tape to computer

jakmi

With my old computer (and I mean 'old' as in WinXP) copying audio from my tape recorder to my computer  was a breeze. All I had to do was connect the audio cable to my tape recorder, the other end of which remained permanently attached to the 'blue' outlet in my CPU, choose the appropriate settings within my audio editor software (GoldWave), sit back and watch. Unfortunately updating was necessary so have Windows 10 with an Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5250U CPU @ 1.60 GHz. (The 'NUC') I love the new setup -- but am having much difficulty with 'audio tasks', and don't know whether the problem is the NUC or Windows 10; whether I just need to adjust certain settings, or whether I need to purchase additional accessories to be able to perform the same tasks. There is just the one headphone/microphone jack on the front panel. I thought could simply connect one end of my audio cable to that & the other end to the tape player -- much the same as my old setup. That doesn't work.  GoldWave not respond at all. I would definitely appreciate any thoughts or advice as to what I can do to remedy the problem. Thanks so much for your help. Judy