6 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2016 4:16 PM by Intel Corporation

Trouble updating HP Envy m4 video driver for Intel HD graphics 4000  (Windows 10)

Tribute2Johnny

Hello all,

I bought a used HP ENVY m4-1150la laptop and upgraded from Windows 8 to the free Windows 10 upgrade.  I have managed to upgrade all the drivers necessary- save for the Intel HD graphics 4000 driver.  This have been the bane of my week.  I have failed to be able to install, uninstall, disable, enable, upgrade through the Intel Driver Update Utility, manually install/uninstall version of the drivers, etc. Every instance has resulted in Windows 10 not liking any version of the driver gave me the ole' "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)". I try to install drivers NUMEROUS ways but always to the result of Window not applying the updates even after trying to install any of the later driver updates.

I've searching messageboards, YouTube vids, etc and I cannot for the life of me find any sort of resolution to this error except that this error code 43 means many different things- even as far as possibly being a hardware issue with soldering connectors.

So.

Anyone else have this headache of an issue?