10 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2016 1:12 PM by Intel Corporation

No sound over HDMI

GuyBenhaim

Hi

I have no sound with my Stick when connecting to TV over HDMI. I have no HDMI playback device.

Only Intel SST Audio device. No HDMI playback device.

It will not install the new graphics driver , and indicates "computer does not have resources ...".

The adapter driver shows "Microsoft Basic Driver". Will not update that one.

Help

• 1. Re: No sound over HDMI
          p3p3mus

I had the same problem once installed Win10 Pro. Try to install the sound drivers from windows update. I don't remember the way that i followed but it was one of these:

1) Settings -> Update/Security -> Check for updates.

2) Device Manager -> Sound, video and game controllers -> Update driver sofware -> Search automatically...

For the graphics drivers use Drivers & Software

• 2. Re: No sound over HDMI
            GuyBenhaim

Hi

I did the windows update.

Then downloaded the graphics driver.

The graphics driver does not install.

Still stuck.... no sound or hdmi playback device.

• 3. Re: No sound over HDMI
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Have you checked if HDMI playback is disabled or disconnected?

If you navigate to the playback devices list, right click on any empty space and a menu should appear with two options called "show disabled devices" and "Show Disconnected devices", make sure these care both checked.

Allan. 

• 4. Re: No sound over HDMI
                GuyBenhaim

Hi,

Both "Show" options were selected (I then dis-selected and selected again, just in case)

No HDMI playback devices;  Only Intel SST Audio Device .

How can I install updated Graphics Driver, and solve the "computer does not have resources ..." issue?

Guy

• 5. Re: No sound over HDMI
                  GuyBenhaim

OK

What I did was download the Intel Driver Update Utility program.

Looked under ComputeStick, and downloaded and re-installed the Atom SoC drivers.

Then downloaded the updated Graphics Driver for my specific Stick and it installed sucessfully.

Now I have an HDMI device and sound works fine.

Guy

• 6. Re: No sound over HDMI
                    Intel Corporation

Excellent news.I am glad HDMI sound is back again.

Allan. 

• 7. Re: No sound over HDMI
                      Coqqy

I have a new Intel compute stick that has Windows 10 pre-installed. I'm also trying to use a computer monitor with no speakers, so I purchased a small box to split the hdmi output into hdmi and left/right rca audio. The rca audio is connected to a set of computer speakers. When I try to play video (Youtube) I do not get any audio. The sound device manager shows only the Intel SST Audio Device (WDM) - no HDMI devices (even if options to show disabled and disconnected devices are selected). I have also tried downloading and installing the SOC_BYT_Win10_32 and GFX_Win8.1_10_32_15.33.42.4358 drivers described in the apparent solution above. These have not made any difference - I still have no hdmi devices for audio. Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Fyi, my device is model STCK1A32WFC.

• 8. Re: No sound over HDMI
                        Intel Corporation

The problem is the actual audio cable HDMI to RCA is trying to convert digital audio to analog, that is why is not detecting the audio box. 
                        You need to test the Intel(R) Compute stick with a monitor or TV with built-in speakers 

Allan. 

• 9. Re: No sound over HDMI
                          Coqqy

I don't understand - I AM testing it with a monitor, but of course the monitor had no speakers. That's why I need the splitter box to split the HDMI input into HDMI to the monitor and RCA audio to pc speakers. How else am I supposed to get audio to speakers when the only output is HDMI?

• 10. Re: No sound over HDMI
                            Intel Corporation

You definitely need to test the audio of the Intel® Compute Stick with different hardware. Using HDMI to RCA converter might not work for your configuration. 

Allan.