Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20628 Discussions

Right click Windows showing Chinese from display card

JYau2
Beginner

I am using Windows 10 and Intel display card from my X1 Carbon. I found that when I right click the desktop I can see the intel display card portion showing Chinese instead of English. Can I change it back to English instead? Believe this is because my default system locale is Hong Kong. But I cant change this because I need to support other applications.

Please advise.

Thanks

Jacky

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, jackyyau:

Thank you for contacting the Intel Communities.

I would like to recommend you the following, let's install the driver (in english) to see if the behavior persists, as of now we don't have a system with a foreing language installed (windows in German i.e) so we were not able to test this, but please let us know if this can be a workaround or not in order to further assist you.

Driver to be installed: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25848/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40-?product=86210 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25848/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40-?product=86210

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, jackyyau:

Thought I would just check in and find out if you were able to resolve this problem.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
JYau2
Beginner

Hi Esteban,

Thanks. Lenovo provide me a new version of driver and seems the language problem is resolved.

Thanks

Jacky

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Awesome jackyyau, I am glad to hear the driver from your OEM changed the language in the context menu.

If any additional questions or inquiries are present, feel free to contact us back.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos