1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 1, 2010 11:12 PM by Gutieberny

Netgear Wifi router WGR614 and Wifi card Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG : no internet connection

titon1b

Hi,

I have a Netgear Wifi router WGR614 V6 installed as a switch on my ADSL router which operate correctly with 2 PC's connected : one tower (on which a Wifi USB key Netgear WG111 V2 is installed) and a laptop (on which a Wifi card Intel link 5100 AGN is installed). With this configuration, I have no problem to connect those 2 PC's to the internet.

I have connected second laptop (on which a Wifi card Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG is installed). The Wifi access works correctly (SSID ok, clé WPA ok,...), but unfortunately the internet access doesn't work. For information  :
      - the last Windows XP pilote for the Wifi card Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG is installed
      - the IP address exists and is correct
      - the WGR614  and all PC's together use 802.11g protocol
      - the ping on
      www.google.com site runs not too correctly, some packets are lost, and sometimes this ping command doesn't work  (and, as I said, the internet access through Wifi doesn't work)

- the Intel work around on PSP feature doesn't improve anything

- changing the 802.11 modes on the WGR614 router doesn't improve anything

For information, by using an other Wifi access point (which is not a WGR614) the Wifi card Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG runs correctly, and I can access the internet without any specific configuration with those 3 PC's.

Using a protocol analysis tool, I can see that there are a lot of TCP retransmissions, maybe it could be a track for the root cause...Maybe the WGR614 needs a specific configuration for the Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG card ?

Thanks for your support if you could give me an answer about this issue.

Best regards.