I have a Netgear Wifi router WGR614 V6 installed as a switch on my ADSL router which operate correctly with 2 PC's connected : one tower (on which a Wifi USB key Netgear WG111 V2 is installed) and a laptop (on which a Wifi card Intel link 5100 AGN is installed). With this configuration, I have no problem to connect those 2 PC's to the internet.
I have connected second laptop (on which a Wifi card Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG is installed). The Wifi access works correctly (SSID ok, clé WPA ok,...), but unfortunately the internet access doesn't work. For information :
- the last Windows XP pilote for the Wifi card Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG is installed
- the IP address exists and is correct
- the WGR614 and all PC's together use 802.11g protocol
- the ping on www.google.com site runs not too correctly, some packets are lost, and sometimes this ping command doesn't work (and, as I said, the internet access through Wifi doesn't work)
- the Intel work around on PSP feature doesn't improve anything
- changing the 802.11 modes on the WGR614 router doesn't improve anything
For information, by using an other Wifi access point (which is not a WGR614) the Wifi card Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG runs correctly, and I can access the internet without any specific configuration with those 3 PC's.
Using a protocol analysis tool, I can see that there are a lot of TCP retransmissions, maybe it could be a track for the root cause...Maybe the WGR614 needs a specific configuration for the Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG card ?
Thanks for your support if you could give me an answer about this issue.
Ha! I saw this same post over in the netgear forums. I answered there as well.
I had the same problem earlier this week, but I used a solution I found on a dell forum.