1 of 1 people found this helpful
We understand your replaced the original wireless adapter for the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260, before we go any further, it is important that you know that Intel does not support integration which is when the original adapter is replaced by other one that was not meant for the type of system your have. But, we will do whatever is within our reach to help you resolve this issue. Please check this link for further information on this matter: Regulatory Information Regarding Hardware Installation or Upgrade
According to Microsoft*, a code 10 error is due to that the device failed to start and there could be many reasons as to this code appears. Here: Code 10 for windows 10 - Microsoft Community some users seemed t have found a solution.
One possible reason may be that the adapter is not compatible with your system and we recommend to contact the computer manufacturer in order to obtain additional assistance. Here is how you can find their contact information: Computer Manufacturer Support Websites
Alternatively, we recommend that you try a clean install of the drivers. Here is how you can do it.
1. Download and saveDownload Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® 10 according to your OS architecture (32 or 64 Bit)
2. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".
3. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".
4. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.
5. Reboot or scan for hardware changes, then uninstall and delete any older driver versions as you did for the Wireless adapter.
6. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components.
7. Check for antivirus and firewalls configuration as they may impact as well.
We haven't heard from you yet. Please let us know if the troubleshooting steps we sent you yesterday helped you to resolve the issue.