5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2016 8:00 AM by Intel Corporation

DG41WY BIOS date not saving every shutdown

OchieCasi

Good day everyone.

I had an DG41WY mainboard with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 OS. The problem is every time it shutdown and boot up again, the BIOS system date is going back to it's manufacturing date (e.g. 2009) "custom setting" didn't save.

I'd already replaced a new CMOS batttery but unfortunately the problem still same.

Can you please help. Thank you.

God bless.

Ochie

• 1. Re: DG41WY BIOS date not saving every shutdown
          N.Scott.Pearson

First of all, there is no "saving" going on at all. An IC on the board maintains the contents of a block of memory (called CMOS memory) and the date/time. If the device is damaged or the battery is not providing power, then the date-time value will be lost.

Where are you setting the date and time? In BIOS or in Windows? Hint: do it in BIOS Setup...

Hope this helps,

...S

• 2. Re: DG41WY BIOS date not saving every shutdown
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello, All:

N.Scott.Pearson, thank you for your feedback.

OchieCasi, refer to the previous post, and let us know if the issue stills persists.

Regards, 

Amy. 

• 3. Re: DG41WY BIOS date not saving every shutdown

Reset the CMOS memory the right way as is described in the motherboard manual using the clear CMOS link with the power cord unplugged.I would recommend breaking it down to the bare bones. MOBO/CPU only (no RAM, GPU, DRIVES) and see what happens. I haven't done that in a while, but I think if you get beeps then it's a good thing (since no RAM installed). Then add things 1 at a time and see what progresses. If you're getting the same results along all stages then at least you know it's not the RAM, GPU or HDD.Because the bios battery is used to retain the settings of the Date and time RTC Real Time Clock. it always have to have power to it. that is why the battery is there to keep the time and date right. And retain all the current saved settings. Unplug the main power without a Cmos battery = Bios restet every time.Ah crap, here we go again. Ok, so I'm going to try and help you but please promise to at least listen, which the last guy didn't want to do. What is your PSU brand and model number? And in case you are resistant to the idea of the power supply being the issue, which it's possible it's not but it's the most common reason people have problems with otherwise standard overclocks, please read the following two articles so you'll understand why.These jumpers are often located near the BIOS chip itself or next to the CMOS battery. Some other names by which you might see this jumper labeled include CLRPWD,PASSWORD, or even just CLEAR.

• 4. Re: DG41WY BIOS date not saving every shutdown
                Intel Corporation

richardsonkane75, thank you for your suggestion.

Regards,

• 5. Re: DG41WY BIOS date not saving every shutdown
                  Intel Corporation

OchieCasi, were you able to fix this? Is your motherboard working?

Let me know your findings.

Regards, 

Amy.