8 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2016 7:30 AM by Intel Corporation

How can i fix my gaming experience

MicroShack82

Hello.

I have a DH67CF board 3.4Ghz dual core CPU with a integrated graphics card with the main display over HDMI.

My problem is that when i try play a game like Spintires with Stream I get very choppy display when looking around in the game and it seems slow no matter what setting i try.

My bios is set to max DVM also but the properties tab tells me i only have 64mb dedicated video memory.

And i found my CPU in bios is only set to 1 core? Why would this be?

If i have to upgrade to a PCIe Graphics card than what will work nicely with this Intel board?

Maybe a NVIDIA Geforce card,

Thanks for looking,

• 1. Re: How can i fix my gaming experience
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello MicroShack82,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

If you see only one core in the BIOS you can set it to all cores.

What is the processor model you have?

What is the RAM model and the Windows version you have installed?

Was your system running fine before or you have this problem since the system was integrated?

At the following link you can see the Graphics card tested with this motherboard:
          http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/desktop-boards/000008610.html?wapkw=dh67cf

Best wishes,

Ivan

• 2. Re: How can i fix my gaming experience
            MicroShack82

So if I set to all cores nothing else needs changing?

Processor is a Intel Core i3-2130 CPU @ 3.40Ghz.

Ram is Kensington DDR3 4Gb synchronized, win 7.

This is the first time I have played games on this PC.

Integrated???

I'm using the built in integrated graphics card was what I was referring  to.

Now those graphics cards it that test are from years ago and are most likely not even going to play todays games.

There just outdated.

I'm using a Asus GT520 silent graphics card now and its over clocked and i get 10-23fps max which is just playable.

I have Nvidia GTX960 coming to use which cost a fortune

But now when booting, the windows logo loads but before the flying colored balls turn into the windows logo its cut short and the screen goes black with a quick flash than my HDMI tv shows a connection again and displays the resolution and windows starts the login.

Why would this happen its like the graphics card re initiates again while booting.

I tied the settings for the card in Bios but does not change anything.

• 3. Re: How can i fix my gaming experience
              Intel Corporation

Correct! Just access the BIOS set it to all and press F10 on your keyboard to save all the changes.

You have the integrated Intel® HD Graphics 2000 in your processor and at the following link you can see the Playable Games List with this graphics you have.
              Playable Games List for Intel® HD Graphics 3000/2000

At this point I would suggest updating the motherboard BIOS to the latest version to see if that can give you better results.

Do you know what BIOS version you have right now? This is to help you updating the BIOS if you wish to do it.

You can check your BIOS version in Windows using the msinfo32 information.

1. Please press Windows Key + R to open the Run Menu
              2. Type msinfo32 and click OK
              3. While viewing the System Summary node go to File then Save (Please do not use Export)
              4. Save your MSINFO32 report as msinfo32.nfo on your desktop for easy access and then you can post it here.

Regards,

Ivan
              • 4. Re: How can i fix my gaming experience
                MicroShack82

Ok I have changed the bios setting to all.

I will have a look at the link you posted thanks.

My bios is BLH6710H86A.(0155).2012.0509.1620. 5/9/2012

I did a express bios install of the same version when i had a bios setting stuff up ; )

There is 3-4 bios updated after mine but i did not want to try a new bios because I was under the impression that if your machine had trouble with a updated bios you can not go back to a previous bios?

• 5. Re: How can i fix my gaming experience
                  Intel Corporation

You can try updating the BIOS one at a time, please see F7 BIOS Flash Update Instructions

Regards,

Ivan

• 6. Re: How can i fix my gaming experience
                    Intel Corporation

Hi,

I’m just following on this thread to ask you if your issue was resolved with the information provided above.

Thanks,

Ivan

• 7. Re: How can i fix my gaming experience
                      MicroShack82

No!

I have not tried an update because you cant give me a definite reply if I can roll back my bios.

I guess this could brick my computer like I have heard in the past.

I cant afford a new computer Motherboard and not willing to update a bios without a 100% answer.

• 8. Re: How can i fix my gaming experience
                        Intel Corporation

In this case, I’m just giving you suggestions it will be up to you if you want to take them or not, we don’t recommend rolling back to a previous BIOS version once you have updated the BIOS but you can do it and you will need to take the chance to recover the BIOS or not in case of a bios update failure.

At this point if you follow the steps above to do a bios update you shouldn’t have any problem, but if you don’t feel confident about doing a bios update then I suggest not trying.

Regards,

Ivan