Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel HD 530 crash with specific application

RMcTa
Beginner

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

The company I work for develops a CAD designing application for the embroidery industry called Tajima DG15 by Pulse. This 64-bit program has been available for many years. We recently discovered that the Intel HD 530 graphics driver will crash after working in DG15 for only a few seconds. We don't have this issue with other Intel or non-Intel display adapters. The computer is a DELL XPS 9550 laptop. I have updated all drivers and BIOS for this computer. I tried the latest Intel HD 530 beta drivers (Version: Beta 15.40.20.4404) and still experience the crash. We appreciate any help you can give us to solve this issue. Thanks.

Does it fail every single time, or only sometimes?

If you can offer a % rate please do.

Every time.

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

DELL XPS 9550

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

Switchable. Laptop also has NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M adapter.

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below). 

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)

LFP

How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below).

16 GB

Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.

ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc<td style="border-top: none; border-left: none; border-bottom: solid windowtext 1.0pt; border-right: solid windowtext 1.0p...
0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

There is a new driver available that you can install in your system, please uninstall the older driver and install the new one.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25948/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=88345 Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 and Windows 7*/8.1* [15.40]

Regards,

Ivan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello PulseR,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

We are aware of the issue "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered", we are still investigating this issue and working on a solution.

We really apologize for any inconvenience this has cause to you and hopefully a new driver will be able to fix this problem.

Just checking – do you get this problem with the DELL driver? If not, I suggest uninstalling the Beta driver and reinstall the original manufacturer driver.

Other than that, please keep checking the Intel downloadcenter.com for a new driver released.

Best wishes,

Ivan

0 Kudos
RMcTa
Beginner

Thanks Ivan,

The crashing occurs with both Dell and Intel drivers.

I have the latest official HD 530 drivers from Dell installed (version 20.19.15.4390). Still have the Intel HD driver crashing issue.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the information and for filling out the information above to help us isolate this issue.

For now I suggest the following:

Update the Microsoft* .NET Framework software on your computer:

Some issues (such as the stopped responding/successfully recovered error message) can be fixed with a simple update to the systems .NET Framework* software. This software is available from the https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653 Microsoft Web site.

Ensure that your Microsoft* operating system is up to date:

It is always a good practice to regularly update your system, and keep it up to date. Download the latest updates available for your operating system with the Microsoft Windows Update* and be sure to reboot your system afterwards for proper installation.

Does the issue occur frequently or is it a random issue?

If the issue always occurs when the system is performing a certain operation (such as running a particular application or game), check with the software.

When was the last time the system worked without errors? What changes were made since this time, such as driver updates, adding hardware, or installing software?

Try removing the changes (uninstall recently added hardware or software or roll back drivers to the previous version) to resolve issues.

Do you have the latest system BIOS for your computer?

Check with the computer manufacturer, motherboard manufacturer, or computer vendor for availability of a system BIOS update. Newer graphics drivers sometimes rely on current system BIOS updates.

Does the issue happen when your monitor is set to a particular setting?

Return the video resolution settings back to a standard refresh rate and color depth to resolve the issue.

I hope this can help you.

Regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos
RMcTa
Beginner

Update the Microsoft* .NET Framework software on your computer:

Tried to run .NET installer. Says I have newer version already installed.

Ensure that your Microsoft* operating system is up to date:

Up to date. Still same issue.

Does the issue occur frequently or is it a random issue?

The crash always occurs when I perform the steps I outlined in my original post. I work for the application software company. Our developers cannot find a solution on the application side.

When was the last time the system worked without errors? What changes were made since this time, such as driver updates, adding hardware, or installing software?

I am not sure if our application ever worked properly with this Intel HD 530 graphics adapter. We discovered the issue when we purchased the laptop. We know that other DG15 customers with the Intel HD 530 graphics adapter have experienced the same issue. The DG15 application works fine with other graphics adapters.

Do you have the latest system BIOS for your computer?

Yes

Does the issue happen when your monitor is set to a particular setting?

I tried different settings and external monitors but it made no difference. 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
RMcTa
Beginner

Additional files requested.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for that additional information you have kindly provided, at let's wait for a new driver to come up to see how it goes.

Best wishes,

Ivan
0 Kudos
RMcTa
Beginner

When will you release a new beta driver?

In addition to the HD 530, I know this crashing issue is occurring with Intel HD 520 graphics adapters.

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

At this point I don't have an ETA when a new Beta driver will be release, hopefully it will be soon.

Regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

There is a new driver available that you can install in your system, please uninstall the older driver and install the new one.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25948/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=88345 Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 and Windows 7*/8.1* [15.40]

Regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos
RMcTa
Beginner

Thanks Ivan,

We are testing with the new drivers.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

You're welcome; please let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos
RMcTa
Beginner

Hello,

The latest Intel HD driver 15.40.22.4424 has fixed the crashing problem with Intel HD 520 and 530 adapters while running our DG15 software. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

I'm glad that your issue has been resolved and thank you very much for taking your time to let us know.

Best wishes,

Ivan

0 Kudos