Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

Intel HD 530 Driver Crash in Windows 7 64-bit

idata
Employee

Hi,

I am new to forum. I tried looking for the similar issue/solution. But I dint find any. So I am posting it myself.

I think this is a graphics driver issue. Because once I uninstall the Intel Graphics Driver, the default Windows VGA driver is not causing any issue. Any help is appreciated. BTW, the system is custom-made for my requirements.

I tried these things before posting this:

Installed latest Intel Graphics Driver, latest beta driver, latest Graphics Driver from motherboard website. The error persists!

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

Getting BEX64 error whenever I open and close Intel Graphics Control Panel. Getting the same error during:

1.WinSAT test while first boot after graphics driver installation

2.After closing Intel Graphics Control Panel

3.After closing DxDiag tool (64 bit)

4. Various apps like VLC player, Windows explorer

Does it fail every single time, or only sometimes?

If you can offer a % rate please do.

Every single time. 100%

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Intel i3 6100, Gigabyte GA B150M-D3H, 8GB DDR4 2133 Hz, SanDisk SSD 120 GB.

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

No external graphics card.

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below). 

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug ...
0 Kudos
11 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, SanCS:

Thank you for contacting the Intel Communities and for providing us with all that information.

I would like to recommend you to perform a clean boot in your system to check the behavior of it and then look for "If you could not run a program before you performed the clean boot" in the link below.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Additionally, I would like you to do the following:

-Access the device manager (you can use windows start search to find it).

-Look for Display adapters and right click/Properties.

-Go to driver tab and hit uninstall.

-Select "Delete the driver software for this device"

-Then, install these drivers: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25848/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40-?product=88345 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25848/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40-?product=88345

* https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25818/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40-?product=88345 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25818/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40-?product=88345

I look forward to your outcome with this.

If any additional questions or inquiries are present, feel free to contact us back.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
MWaqa
Beginner

Dear Team

Please Help

Same Issue Facing For Me

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 4/19/2016, 02:16:13

Machine name: MUHAMMADWAQAS

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: System manufacturer

System Model: System Product Name

BIOS: BIOS Date: 03/02/16 16:15:36 Ver: 05.0000B

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 15784MB RAM

Page File: 3115MB used, 28452MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

32 Bit Dxdiag Screenshot

64Bit Dxdiag Screenshot

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Please stay with the thread you started:

Doc

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, All:

I would like to know, have you tested the troubleshooting steps provided previously in this thread?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
MWaqa
Beginner

Dear team

I have already done your pervices steps but facing the same issue

Thanks for reply

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

Sorry, I was held up with some work. I dont see the need to clean boot because the first thing I did after installing fresh windows, was install drivers. I did try all drivers including latest beta one.

The good news is I realized the cause now and got it fixed. The cause was my Windows 7 was not updated with SP1 and the several other updates. I installed all of them updates, now it is working fine.

Please note that I had other issues like color rendering in videos not proper, mouse pointer shadow pixelated, and similar minor visual irregularities. I thought all were to due to the problem. But it was not, there is a setting, YCBCR CODING, in the intel control panel. I have to manually enable and disable them every boot to fix these minor irregularities. I read a workaround in internet to use a custom resolution to fix this.

Setting a custom resolution in the graphics panel is a workaround for this.

Resolutions used: 1920 × 1080 @ 60 Hz, CVT-R.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, SanCS:

Thank you for your answer on this.

I am glad to hear that after installing windows updates the issue was fixed.

Regarding the YCBCR setting, I would like to check, is it that you have to enable it and then disable it to get the other issue fixed?

Or the setting is not "saved" in the graphics control panel?

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes you are correct. I have to manually enable the YCBCR setting and then disable it to fix the other issues. During each boot.

Alternatively, there's a workaround which I am using now. It's to apply a custom resolution from the Intel control panel. Now I need not toggle the YCBCR value.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, SanCS:

Thank you for the clarification on this and it is great to hear that the custome resolution worked for you.

I already have the panel you are currently using: LG IPS 22MP67VQ

May I get the custome resolution settings you are currently using? This is for possible future users with this scenario.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Sure. 1920 × 1080 @ 60 Hz, CVT-R. This is what I am using now.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, SanCS:

Really appreciate the information provided on this regarding the resolution currently used to get this to work properly.

I added the resolution used in your previous comment in order to make it easier for other users to find the workaround on this scenario, hope you don't mind.

Information added: 1920 × 1080 @ 60 Hz, CVT-R.

If any additional questions or inquiries are present, feel free to contact us back.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos