Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14539 Discussions

I5 5675c problem with RAM frequency

idata
Employee

Dear all,

I have some problem with my new PC.

Automatic UEFI chose 1600 MHz for my RAM but this ram should working in 2400 MHz.

When i try to change frequency to something more then 1600 MHz my PC got black screens after start system.

I don't know why. Can someone solve my problem?

Specification

Mainboard: Asrock z97 pro4

Processor: intel i5 5675c

RAM: G.Skill TridentX DDR3 2x4GB 2400MHz CL10

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello, @Mate:

In this case the speed of the memory will be handled by the processor, and the processor itself support the following speeds;

Even if your RAM runs at 2400 Mhz, the processor will lower that frequency to the supported speed which in your case 1600 MHz.

Regards,

Amy.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, @Mate:

In this case the speed of the memory will be handled by the processor, and the processor itself support the following speeds;

Even if your RAM runs at 2400 Mhz, the processor will lower that frequency to the supported speed which in your case 1600 MHz.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

So there is no way to RAM worked at 2400MHz?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Under these circumstances, no there is no way to run it a 2400 MHz.

Regards,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I just wanted to check if my previous post was helpful for you.

If you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
satas
Beginner

that's really ridiculous Intel.

who are all those 2400MHz and above rated rams meant for? AMD?

we all pay the same price for Intel's cpus and they are really not cheap by any means.

so why are some user able to run even 3400MHz rams with no issues and others have to stick with 1600MHz?

what kind of game is that???

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, sahafiec:

I understand, but in this case the processor will handle the memory speed, you have to make sure that your processor matches you RAM speed; otherwise, the processor will run the RAM at the supported speed.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
satas
Beginner

ok, then let me repeat my question Amy.

another example is Skylake, top models are 6600K and 6700K - both not cheap and obviously both limited to 2133MHz.

of course there is no such limitation in the advertisements but well hidden in the specs.

so again who are all the rams and motherboards from 2400MHz up to 3600MHz ment for?

why are we all supposed to pay a lot of money for Skylake systems and then stick to 2133MHz?

is this the high creativity and productivity advertised by Intel?

as we see in the OP it's not the first generation of Intel cpus making such troubles.

it's just getting even worse...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The memory specification for these processors are clear, DDR4-1866/2133 is the specification for both processors. You can run your RAM at higher speed than that specification and benefit from it. However you would be running it "overclocked", and from our end this is not supported.

For further reference;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWgzA2C61z4 High Speed RAM - Is it Worth it? DDR3 1333MHz vs 2400MHz Test - YouTube

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2909088/ddr-2133-mhz-ddr4-3000-mhz.html DDR 4 2133 Mhz vs DDR4 3000 MHZ??????? - DDR - Memory

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos