Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14539 Discussions

i7 6700K HDMI port sometimes goes off/ no signal when booting up.

ETang5
Beginner

Hi,

I have an issue when using i7 6700K - HD 530 HDMI port.

My mobo is ASUS Z170-Deluxe and RAM is Corsair CMK16GX4M2A2666C16R 2x8GB. I want to use on board both HDMI and DP ports. I only connect power to the mobo and put on cooling fan on the core i7 6700K to test the HDMI port.

It is strange that sometimes there is no signal on hdmi port when power on while the QLed stays on code 99 and when I press F1 on keyboard, it changes to code A9 meaning it gets into BIOS setting, but nothing come on monitor. Then when I press reset button, sometimes hdmi port works again, I can see the BIOS setting on monitor.

I have tried to put on another GPU card to my mobo, and the hdmi port of the GPU card works like a charm without any problem.

I also have taken the mobo to ASUS to replace with another RMA mobo, but the issue is still there. And have the CPU taken to vendor to test without finding any issue.

My question is do I need to use HDMI 2.0 cable or 4K monitor for that HD 530 hdmi port? It really doesn't make sense.

p.s. there is no problem for DP port, although I attach an DP-VGA adapter to the DP port.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Can you provide driver versions you have been testing on the computer?

Are you using any type of video adapters? (HDMI)

Allan.

0 Kudos
ETang5
Beginner

Hi Allan,

I didn't connect any HDD/SSD to my mobo, so there is no driver version.

I just connected simply a direct HDMI cable from the on board hdmi port to the ASUS HD monitor(not 4K) without any adapters. I have also tried with different hdmi cables and moniotrs, but all in vain.

Thanks for help.

Eric

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

If you took the processor back to the vendor and they tested the graphics controller with the HDMI port as well, this seems to be an issue with the motherboard itself, the cable you are using on this motherboard or the video port on the computer.

Allan.
0 Kudos
HMaye
Beginner

I also have ASUS Z170-Deluxe and 6700K and I have the same trouble with HDMI at my 4k montor.

Sometimes with HDMI the screen turns black, very often I get "no signal" on my monitor when windows 10 is starting.

With Display Port there are no issues.

This problem is very new. Maybe it was a windows 10 update or a driver issue of the intel 530.

0 Kudos
HMaye
Beginner

I have uinstalled both intel driver win64_15.40.22.4424 and also win64_15.40.22.4444 (beta).

With original windows 10 driver # 4377 I have no more black flashes or issues that the screen remains black. Sometimes when windows starts the screen is greenish, but this goes away after login.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for sharing this information with driver version 4377. Please keep working with that specific version until there is a new one at: https://downloadcenter.intel.com or your computer manufacturer's web site.

Allan.
0 Kudos