Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

How can I make laptop monitor do not change resolution when connect to new extend monitor

kLai13
Beginner

Hi, I am IT support team member, we have just change to use win10 with Lenovo X1 Carbon(using HD Graphics 5500), the recommended resolution of this graphics card is 2560 x 1440, due to some application issue, we need to set the resolution as 1920 x 1080, but when user connect to the new monitor (e.g meeting room large LCD display), the resolution will change to recommended 2560 x 1440, how can I fixed the resolution in 1920 x 1080 as default, Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, on1437:

Thank you for contacting the Intel Communities.

The Intel Graphics Control panel should allow you to select each display (built-in / second) to be configured.

Please select each display and set the desired resolution on them, you could also save this profile so when you connect the external display, you can change to the saved profile and have the desired resolution in each screen.

I look forward to your outcome with this.

If any additional questions or inquiries are present, feel free to contact us back.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
kLai13
Beginner

Dear Esteban C

Thanks for your reply, It's is very difficult to select each display for each laptop, because we have few thousand laptop and around 30 meeting room in different location, and every user may go every where to connect to the LCD display, so I need to use SCCM (or GPO) to change this setting, thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, on1437:

I understand, the native resolution regularly is the one that is selected when a device is connected, and as of now (from out side) there is no setting to get output to certain resolution (always) when an external display is connected to a device.

If any additional questions or inquiries are present, feel free to contact us back.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, on1437:

Thought I would just check in and find out if you were able to get a workaround for this to work as required.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos