1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 10, 2016 8:14 PM by AdamMiltonBarker

Issue with MQTT with Paho on Intel Galileo

AdamMiltonBarker

I was starting to feel sorry for my 2 Intel Galileo boards as they haven't seen much action for a while so I decided to build some example scripts for my Python module that allows devices to connect to my developer platform via Paho. The package has the required certificate included that is required to connect to the MQTT broker (and works with no issues on Raspberry Pi) but I am getting the following error, does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this issue, I finally have some plans for the two boards and hit a road block straight away.

python IntelGalileoDevice.py

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "IntelGalileoDevice.py", line 55, in <module>

JumpWayPythonMQTTDeviceConnection.connectToDevice()

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/techbubbleiotjumpwaymqtt/device.py", line 58, in connectToDevice

self.mqttClient.connect(self.mqttHost,self.mqttPort,10)

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/paho/mqtt/client.py", line 612, in connect

return self.reconnect()

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/paho/mqtt/client.py", line 747, in reconnect

ciphers=self._tls_ciphers)

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ssl.py", line 381, in wrap_socket

ciphers=ciphers)

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ssl.py", line 143, in __init__

self.do_handshake()

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ssl.py", line 305, in do_handshake

self._sslobj.do_handshake()

ssl.SSLError: [Errno 1] _ssl.c:506: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed

The module can be found here:

GitHub - AdamMiltonBarker/TechBubble-Iot-JumpWay-Python-MQTT: TechBubble IoT JumpWay Python MQTT Module