2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2016 7:05 PM by krittik

Intel Centrino Wireless N-1030 some times works and some times doesn't on Windows 10

krittik

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 64 bit on my Asus U56E from Windows 7 HP. I have the same wifi as I did before - Intel Centrino Wireless N 1030. Now, most of the time it works (I read in some other post that it's not compatible with Windows 10, so I don't know how it's working for me!). Anyhow, now and then, it will stop working (like after the computer restarts or I log back in after it sleeps). When this happens I can neither turn the wifi on with the keyboard shortcut (F2+fn) nor through the settings section in the computer. Under Network Adapters in Device Manager, Intel Centrino Wireless N-1030 will be absent and if I click on Scan Hardware Changes, nothing happens. But if I connect to the internet with an ethernet cable and try the same thing, it works, Intel Centrino appears and I am then able to connect to the wifi. And I can remove the ethernet and continue with the wifi until the next time the same thing happens. What can I do to make it stop randomly not detecting the wifi connections like this??