2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2016 9:50 PM by dbl390

does DH67CL mobo take same CPU as DH67CLB3 mobo?

dbl390

please help! ordered DH67CLB3 motherboard from amazon through pcpartpicker.com and received DH67CL (no B3) . I see CL is ATX and CLB3 is microATX . will these take same CPU and is there any other difference?

• 1. Re: does DH67CL mobo take same CPU as DH67CLB3 mobo?
          N.Scott.Pearson

I am not sure where you got this information, but it is incorrect. The DH67CL and the DH67CLB3 are identical ATX form factor motherboards. They differ only in the version (stepping) of the chipset that is used. The B2 stepping of the 6 Series Express chipset had a flaw that could result in disk corruption. When this issue was uncovered, Intel re-released the CL board as the DH67CLB3 to differentiate it from the original (which had the B2 stepping). If the board you received has this flawed chipset stepping, I think you should return it.

Intel released a tool that you can run to test if you have the flawed chipset stepping. I cannot find it in the downloads area. I have a copy of it if you need it (send me a private message containing your external email address if you want me to send it to you)...

...Scott

• 2. Re: does DH67CL mobo take same CPU as DH67CLB3 mobo?
            dbl390

the info was pcpartpicker which looked good so far"   the box looks like a new intel. says DH67CL I don't know about the (B3) stepping specs. afraid to open.