Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Application blocked from accessing graphics hardware (Windows 10)

BHowa3
Beginner

I have seen several threads on this but none of the suggestions work for me, I have tried every single setting in the graphics control panel (most suggestions point to the conservative morphological anti-aliasing). This problem happens when doing graphic intensive stuff like some games, etc.. I have also made sure that my settings for them are consistent with the suggestions at gameplay.intel.com.

I am running all the latest drivers; even updated my bios. Tried turning off Windows Firewall and no joy. I am running a new Dell Optiplex 9020 with Intel I7-4790 processor and 16gb ram. My cpu and memory never goes above 50% utilization. Running Windows 10 enterprise 64 bit. the graphics is an intel HD Graphics 4600 using the lastest drivers. I even went to gameplay.intel.com and they have recommended settings and I have chosen those and still crashes. Dxdiag shows no errors and the results are attached.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi kcbob_2000,

It is necessary to narrow down the issue, verify if any other Dell firewall tool is preventing the graphics hardware.

Also, Intel has a generic graphics driver, give a try and let me know how it works.

If problem continues, please send me the application name with problems. Please send me pictures of the error.

Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 64bit

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25860/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25860/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen-

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
BHowa3
Beginner

I just tried this driver and it won't let me install, says the driver is not valid for this computer and obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer. I cannot send a picture of the error because it is a system message that pops up in the lower right-hand corner and it goes away too fast to take a screenshot of it.

The main application this happens in is World of Warships and I am using the recommended settings for that game on the gamplay.intel.com site. As for firewalls, I am not using any Dell firewalls, just the one from symantec and it works without error some times so doesn't seem like a firewall issue but I have made rules for the game just in case.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi kcbob_2000,

I understand. In this case it will be necessary to request a graphics driver update to Dell. Intel already releases 2 newer graphics drivers for Intel® HD graphics driver.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos