Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

"Blurry" Monitor via HDMI

NPazo
Beginner

Hi everyone

I'm having an issue with my monitor when using HDMI. Everything is blurry, pixelated or whatever, as shown in the picutre.

I always had this problem with this monitor (which is actually a TV), but with my old PC (with ATI graphics) I was able to solve it: if I remember well, I changed something about the pixel format or color.

I am on a laptop, with an i7 5500u and a GeForce 940m. I read that the dedicated GPU is only used for heavy processing, so I can't use the NVIDIA drivers to solve this (or can I?).

Intel Graphics Control Panel seems pretty basic, and I didn't find a way to change pixels parameters.

My monitor via HDMI (blurry)

Onboard monitor (works well; for comparison)

Does anybody know how can I solve this? My Monitor/TV doesn't have any options for the HDMI input.

I apologize for any grammar or spelling mistakes. English is not my first language.

EDIT: now that I posted it, I see that there isn't much difference between both pictures, but texts, color contrasts, etc. look blurry and pixelated.

Message was edited by: Nico Pazos

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Hellen_D_Intel
Employee

Hi Naicolas,

I suggest you to try to connect your Laptop to your TV with another HDMI cable.

Could you please, attach to the "dxdiag" report?

Steps:

• Windows key + "R"
  • Type dxdiag
  • Hit save all information button
  • Attach the .txt file to your answer

Regards,

Hellen.

0 Kudos
NPazo
Beginner

Hi Hellen

Thank you for your response. I tried with another HDMI cable, but the problem persists. Here's the report.

I am on dual displays right now, but changing that doesn't make any differences.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Naicolas,

I was checking and I noticed that you have the latest Intel® Beta Graphics Driver 4404, I suggest you to uninstall your Intel® Beta Graphics Driver and install this version 4380. If it does not work try with your System Manufacture drivers.

Intel® HD Graphics 5500 for Windows* 7/8.1/10 [15.40]

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25818/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25818/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40-

Regards,

Hellen.
0 Kudos
NPazo
Beginner

Hello again Hellen.

Unfortunately that didn't solve the problem . Is there a way to chage the pixels format? Because I'm almost sure that that was what I did the other time.

By the way, I tried with another screen yestarday, with the same HDMI cable, and the image was perfect. I guess that's useful information.

Although it is clearly a thing with this monitor/tv, I can guarantee it is working perfectly.

Thank you for helping me with this

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

There is a setting in Intel Graphics Control Panel called "Ycbcr" coding. Try enabling and disabling this.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Naicolas,

If you already tested you computer with another other display and it works good I believe the issue is not related to graphics. It is probably about compatibility; however you can try SanCS's suggestion.

Please let me know the outcome.

Regards,

Hellen.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Naicolas,

Thought I would just check in and find out if you were able to resolve this problem.

Regards,

Hellen.

0 Kudos
NPazo
Beginner

Hi Hellen and SanCS

Thank you for worrying. I'm sorry I didn't answer, I was a bit busy these days.

Unfortunately, I couldn't solve it. I didn't find that option for Ycbcr coding in my panel though . Can you tell me where it is precisely?

Thank you for your time

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Naicolas,

YCbCr Option can be find here:

Intel® HD Graphics Control Panel

-Display

-Color settings

-Advanced

YCbCr

Please let me know the outcome.

Regards,

Hellen.

0 Kudos
NPazo
Beginner

Hi Hellen

Changing that didn't make any difference. Starting to lose hopes 😕 .

I've been using Ubuntu lately, and I have the same problem. Maybe solving this on linux is easier (or not?). However, I don't think there's an Intel HD Graphics Control Panel for Ubuntu, am I right?

What do you suggest? Maybe I'll just go with the VGA

Thanks again for your time

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Naicolas,

There is not Intel HD Graphics Control Panel for Ubuntu, but Intel has a special website where we put altogether open source work that Intel engineers are involved in. https://01.org/ https://01.org/

Development driver source code can be obtained from public repositories found in the Downloads section of the Linux and Intel graphics website.

https://01.org/linuxgraphics/downloads https://01.org/linuxgraphics/downloads

Let's try answering this to better assist you:

Have you tried changing your screen resolution on your TV's panel?

What is your TV's model?

Do you get the same issue using VGA?

Does your TV have more HDMI ports?

Regards,

Hellen.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Naicolas,

I have been checking this thread and I was wondering if you find a solution.

Regards,

Hellen.

0 Kudos
NPazo
Beginner

Hello again Hellen

Sorry again for not answering. I've been going through some complicated weeks.

I didn't have the time to try anything else, although my hopes are almost gone. Should I delete this thread and create a new one whenever I have the time?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Naicolas,

Let's try to reset the TV's default factory settings; most TVs have the option to reset it to defaults. Probably there is a changed on this TV that could affect the way it looks via HDMI.

Let's close this case and when you post here again the case will be reopened.

Regards,

Hellen.

0 Kudos