Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14526 Discussions

Turbo boost optimization

GPATI3
Beginner

Hello to all.

Can you please let me know if , Turbo Boost Power Optimization is available on Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0?

I havent been able to find in on 3 diffrenent Lenovo x86 servers which have the followig processors E5-4627 v2 , E7-4850 v2,E5-2680 v3 and E5-2630 v3 .

If it is not available then can you please confirm if Turbo boost will take effect immediately in P0 state in Turbo Boost Technology 2.0?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, patinige:

I have been checking the data sheets for these processors, but there is no information in regard to Turbo Boost Power Optimization, please let me review this one more time and I will get back to you.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
GPATI3
Beginner

Hello Amy

Thanks for you time spent to look at the processors' specs.I have done my research my self as well without luck.

Main reason for asking this question is that we are running a big project and the following setting is suggested

***Turbo Boost Power Optimization – Traditional, in order for Turbo Boost to be alwayd used even if P0 is below 2 seconds***

This is is a setting which was available on customer's old servers --looks like it had processors with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 1.0 and not 2.0...

So what we really need to know is if having processors that support Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 1.0 could havd Turbo boost engaged immediately without having

to wait those 2 seconds mentioned above.

That is what Im currently looking .

Thank you again!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the information.

I will get back to you as soon as I have more information about this.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
GPATI3
Beginner

Hello Amy, have you managed to find out anything about this ?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, patinige:

Turbo Boost 2.0 depends on BIOS implementation, therefore to get exact and detailed information about this you will have to contact Lenovo, especially in case of a big project. In regard to the P0 state, I could not find any information related to this. The only thing we can confirm is that all Turbo Boost 2.0 processors have an energy efficient turbo by default http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/processors/000005641.html?wapkw=turbo+boost+technology+2.0 Intel® Turbo Boost Technology Frequently Asked Questions

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
GPATI3
Beginner

Thank you for your reply. you may close consider this case as closed.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

patinige, if you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos