Intel® XDK IoT Edition
by UPM. Code snippets are provided for most sensors.
● Enhanced Terminal Support – overhauled terminal support using a more robust terminal
implementation, providing better support for screen resizing, scrolling, paging, etc.
● Run NPM Directly on IoT Device – support has been added for running NPM directly
from your IoT device to better support some node modules, such as bleno.
● New interface added to control boot time behavior of Node.js apps developed using the
Intel XDK IoT Edition.
● Over 15 new Node.js IoT templates added.
● Fixed an issue where the IoT menu was inoperable at certain window sizes.
● Fixed an issue relating to code/node module synchronization.
● Fixed various other bugs to enhance the usability/stability of the Intel XDK IoT Edition.
Intel® System Studio IoT
● New Cloud tutorial.
● New project wizard to include all supported project types.
● Sensor Support view is now unique (instead of one for C/C++ sensors and one for Java
● IoT Connection can now be created using Eclipse RSE.
UPM (Useful Packages for
● Additional maker and industrial sensors supported, including:
○ Numato 16 GPIO expander nlgpio16
○ TI ADS1015 ADC ads1x15
○ Comet Temperature sensor T3311
○ Veris Temperature/Humidity sensors HDXXVXTA and HWXPXX
○ Omega Temperature/Humidity sensor RHUSB
○ LCD Display ili9341
○ Avago Ambient Light/Proximity sensor APDS9930
○ Kionix TriAxis
Digital Accelerometer KXCJK1013
● First implementations for industrial grade Modbus sensors, along with first sensor
examples that use the new iio system driver in MRAA
● Significant improvements to the stepper motor driver that will now allow precise
control using any GPIO pin and extended the API with new functionality
● Further improved JAVA bindings and sensor ISRs have been modified to
implement Runnable objects
● Improved Python typemaps and error checking, documentation now includes
detailed function descriptions
● Updated the API and added new functionality for the MY9221 class and derived
sensors: grovecircularled and groveledbar , along with new code samples that
show these changes
● Provided a fix for one JAVA example that uses interrupts and updated library
● Several documentation improvements and pictures were added for new sensors
● Full changelog
● Added support for the UP board (upboard.
org) & Minnowboard Turbot
● Added support for OpenJDK 7 as well as OpenJDK 8
● Improved 96 board support with better pin numbering
● Node.js 4.1.1 support and improvements
● Support for FT4222 subplatforms with GPIO support with interrupt improvements
● Support for PCA9555 i2c expander read/write on FT4222
● Added Brillo/Android support
● Improved Intel® Edison board detection
● Fixed issue with Intel® Edison board’s ADC initialization
● Fix bug with mraa_init & USBPLAT
● Documentation updates
● Java examples fixes
● Node.js SPI tweaks
● Various bug fixes & optimisations
● Full changelog
● Added and updated the following packages to our Yocto images and repository,
○ boost 1.56.0
○ git 2.0.1
○ iotivity 1.0.0
○ libft4222 1.2.1
○ libmodbus5 3.1.2
○ nano 2.2.5r3.0
○ nodejs4 0.4.12
○ openzwave 1.4.1
○ python 2.7.3r0.3
○ redis 2.6.9
○ tinyb 0.3.3
○ vim 7.4.481
● For the full list, please refer to http://iotdk.intel.com/repos/3.0