2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2010 1:37 AM by bassboy

DG965ss shrewsbury BIOS

bassboy

Hi All

To all the Urgent assistance required !!!

In my previous post I mentioned that I have this DG965ss and I wanted to use my Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz CPU. However I was getting no display with this processor. I changed the processor to a Core 2 Duo 2.8GHz which worked wondefully.

In hoping to get my 3.0Ghz processor working, I went ahead and downloaded the BIOS update and ran the windows version(making sure everything was done precisely).

The PC than shutdown and attempted a restart but remained on a blank screen. I left this for about an hour in hope that it will complete successfully but nothing happened. I than powered down the PC and powered it back up but there remains no display. I have removed all additional add on cards and accessories and still nothing. I also tried the BIOS recovery method which instructs you to remove a jumper to enter recovery mode but still nothing.

Is there someway to Recover from this ??    It "was" a perfectly working motherboard.  I am disappointed that the BIOS update that is on the download site has damaged the m/board and has left me with no options.

How is it possble that there's BIOS update available to download but does not work ???           

I am in NO financial position to get out there and simply purchase a new motherboard....

Is there somebody out there that can assist me ????

• 1. Re: DG965ss shrewsbury BIOS
          Aryan2411

Hello,

Before doing anything, make sure that your CPU is on the list below:
          http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/dg965ss/sb/CS-026601.htm

Here are the link which explains how to recover a bios.
          http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-022312.htm

try a bios recovery using a formatted USB media.

Instructions for Recovery BIOS Updates
          In the unlikely event that a BIOS update is interrupted, it is possible the BIOS may be left in an unusable state. The recovery process requires the chassis to be opened to remove the onboard BIOS

Configuration Jumper.
          WARNING: This process is intended to be performed by a trained technician.
          Recovery with Formatted USB Stick

1. Copy the recovery file (*.bio) to a formatted usb disk.
          http://downloadcenter.intel.com/T8Clearance.aspx?sType=&agr=Y&ProductID=&DwnldID=17153&url=/17153/eng/MQ1754P.BIO&PrdMap=&strOSs=&OSFullName=&lang=eng

2. Place the usb disk in the target system.
          3. Shut down the system and unplug AC power.
          4. Open the chassis and remove the BIOS Configuration Jumper. See the Technical Product Specification for details including the location of this jumper.
          5. Power the system on.
          6. Wait 2-5 minutes for the update to complete. When the usb drive LED is lit, the system is copying the recovery code into the FLASH device.
          7. System will either turn off when the recovery process is completed or it will prompt you to turn off the system.
          8. Remove usb disk
          9. Replace the BIOS Configuration Jumper.
          10. Restart system.

Note: these can be found on:
          Website: http://downloadmirror.intel.com/17197/eng/BIOS%20Update%20Readme.pdf
          Page 3

All the best,

Kind Regards,
          Aryan.

• 2. Re: DG965ss shrewsbury BIOS
            bassboy

Hi Aryan

Thanks for your reply.

Both of my Core 2 Duo Processors (2.8Ghz 1066Mhz and 3.0Ghz 1333Mhz) are not listed.

However, the 2.8Ghz was working perfectly until the BIOS update messed up the M/B.

The whole point of flashing the BIOS was trying to get the 3.0Ghz CPU working....but now I'm left with a worthless board.

I have tried the Recovery mode using the flash drive but no joy. It supposed to give some display at least but I get nothing at all.

I've read other posts where the same thing has happened to others with the same DG965ss M/B.

I'm not impressed that Intel offers the Downloadable bios which indeed stuffs up the board......I was sure the nothing can go wrong as I have the most proffesional branded board available.

Is there anyway that I can get this fixed ??   Can I maybe send it to an Intel Dealer nearest to me or anything like that ?

Will they be able to assist me ??