Before doing anything, make sure that your CPU is on the list below:
Here are the link which explains how to recover a bios.
try a bios recovery using a formatted USB media.
Instructions for Recovery BIOS Updates
In the unlikely event that a BIOS update is interrupted, it is possible the BIOS may be left in an unusable state. The recovery process requires the chassis to be opened to remove the onboard BIOS
WARNING: This process is intended to be performed by a trained technician.
Recovery with Formatted USB Stick
1. Copy the recovery file (*.bio) to a formatted usb disk.
2. Place the usb disk in the target system.
3. Shut down the system and unplug AC power.
4. Open the chassis and remove the BIOS Configuration Jumper. See the Technical Product Specification for details including the location of this jumper.
5. Power the system on.
6. Wait 2-5 minutes for the update to complete. When the usb drive LED is lit, the system is copying the recovery code into the FLASH device.
7. System will either turn off when the recovery process is completed or it will prompt you to turn off the system.
8. Remove usb disk
9. Replace the BIOS Configuration Jumper.
10. Restart system.
Note: these can be found on:
All the best,
Thanks for your reply.
Both of my Core 2 Duo Processors (2.8Ghz 1066Mhz and 3.0Ghz 1333Mhz) are not listed.
However, the 2.8Ghz was working perfectly until the BIOS update messed up the M/B.
The whole point of flashing the BIOS was trying to get the 3.0Ghz CPU working....but now I'm left with a worthless board.
I have tried the Recovery mode using the flash drive but no joy. It supposed to give some display at least but I get nothing at all.
I've read other posts where the same thing has happened to others with the same DG965ss M/B.
I'm not impressed that Intel offers the Downloadable bios which indeed stuffs up the board......I was sure the nothing can go wrong as I have the most proffesional branded board available.
Is there anyway that I can get this fixed ?? Can I maybe send it to an Intel Dealer nearest to me or anything like that ?
Will they be able to assist me ??