10 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2016 1:14 PM by Intel Corporation

intel RST driver for H77 and Win10

Lobo666

Hello,

Since I've install Windows 10, I try to upgrade to the last intel RST drivers for H77 chipset.

The release note of the latest version (14.8.0.1042 ) on download Page :

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25165/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-RAID-Driver

says :

Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology Release is designed to provide

functionality for the following Storage Controllers:

- Intel(R) 9 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI/RAID Controller

- Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI/RAID Controller

- Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI/RAID Controller

- Intel(R) C600 Series Chipset SATA AHCI Controller

But in the iaAHCIC.inf, it lacks the 7 series :

diskId1 = "RST AHCI Installation Disk"

;client

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C02&CC_0106.DeviceDesc = "Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller"

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C03&CC_0106.DeviceDesc = "Intel(R) 8 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller"

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C82&CC_0106.DeviceDesc = "Intel(R) 9 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller"

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C83&CC_0106.DeviceDesc = "Intel(R) 9 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller"

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C02&CC_0106.DeviceDesc = "Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller"

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C03&CC_0106.DeviceDesc = "Intel(R) 8 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller"

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C82&CC_0106.DeviceDesc = "Intel(R) 9 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller"

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C83&CC_0106.DeviceDesc = "Intel(R) 9 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller"

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D03&CC_0106.DeviceDesc = "Intel(R) 6th Generation Core Processor Family Platform I/O SATA AHCI Controller"

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A102&CC_0106.DeviceDesc = "Intel(R) 100 Series/C230 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller"

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A103&CC_0106.DeviceDesc = "Intel(R) 100 Series/C230 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller"

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8D02&CC_0106.DeviceDesc = "Intel(R) 9 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller"

And when I try to install, the message "Platform not supported" is displayed.

Is lasts RST drivers supports 7 series ?

How Can I install them ?

• 1. Re: intel RST driver for H77 and Win10
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello, Lobo666:

Thank you for contacting the Intel Communities.

I would like to recommend you to check the operating system support list for the Intel® Motherboards.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000005640.html

I regret to inform you that the support is up to Windows 8*.

If you require any further information or support, do not hesitate to contact us back.

Regards,
          Esteban C

• 2. Re: intel RST driver for H77 and Win10
            YseGuy

To my knowledge, the 14.x branch of the Intel RST(e) AHCI/RAID drivers is supposed to be used with 8-series (and up) chipsets only.

For 7-series chipsets, you should use drivers from either the 13.x or 12.x branches. Note that there are 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the drivers, so make sure you get the ones that match the architecture of your OS.

• 3. Re: intel RST driver for H77 and Win10
              Lobo666

I would like to recommend you to check the operating system support list for the Intel® Motherboards.

I regret to inform you that the support is up to Windows 8*.

Sorry, but it's not an Intel motherboard.

And it's not a motherboard problem but an Intel chipset driver problem.

It's not also a windows 10 problem, their same thing with windows 7 and 14.8.0.1042 drivers.

Or the release note is incorrect or the .inf file is incorrect.

But it's weird than 6 series is supported and the late 7 series is not.

• 4. Re: intel RST driver for H77 and Win10
                Lobo666

YseGuy wrote:

To my knowledge, the 14.x branch of the Intel RST(e) AHCI/RAID drivers is supposed to be used with 8-series (and up) chipsets only.

For 7-series chipsets, you should use drivers from either the 13.x or 12.x branches. Note that there are 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the drivers, so make sure you get the ones that match the architecture of your OS.

It's same problem with 13.6.0.1002 drivers :

Release note :

Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology Release is designed to provide

functionality for the following Storage Controllers:

- Intel(R) 9 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI/RAID Controller

- Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI/RAID Controller

- Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI/RAID Controller

- Intel(R) C600 Series Chipset SATA AHCI Controller

But no 7 series in iaAHCIC.inf file :

diskId1 = "RST AHCI Installation Disk"

;client

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C02&CC_0106.DeviceDesc = "Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller"

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C03&CC_0106.DeviceDesc = "Intel(R) 8 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller"

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C82&CC_0106.DeviceDesc = "Intel(R) 9 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller"

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C83&CC_0106.DeviceDesc = "Intel(R) 9 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller"

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C02&CC_0106.DeviceDesc = "Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller"

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C03&CC_0106.DeviceDesc = "Intel(R) 8 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller"

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C82&CC_0106.DeviceDesc = "Intel(R) 9 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller"

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C83&CC_0106.DeviceDesc = "Intel(R) 9 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller"

• 5. Re: intel RST driver for H77 and Win10
                  YseGuy

You could give this version of the drivers a try.

• 6. Re: intel RST driver for H77 and Win10
                    Lobo666

YseGuy wrote:

You could give this version of the drivers a try.

Yes, I can install the 13.1.0.1058 release.

But the bug fixing for windows 10 is in later versions...

• 7. Re: intel RST driver for H77 and Win10
                      Intel Corporation

Hello, Lobo666:

Is this working properly with that version?

Newer drivers would be to support newer hardware.

Also, please remember to check the Supported Operating Systems for Boards and Kits link noted below:

I regret to inform you that the Windows 10* support for Intel® Motherboards drivers is only available via windows updates.

If any additional questions or inquiries are present, feel free to contact us back.

Regards,
                      Esteban C

• 8. Re: intel RST driver for H77 and Win10
                        Lobo666

Intel Corporation wrote:

Hello, Lobo666:

Is this working properly with that version?

Newer drivers would be to support newer hardware.

Regards,
                        Esteban C

Hello,

Would you want to mean than the mistake is in the realease note ?

• 9. Re: intel RST driver for H77 and Win10
                          Intel Corporation

Hello, Lobo666:

I would like to know, what is the model of the Motherboard you are currently using with this system?

I look forward to your reply on this.

Regards,
                          Esteban C

• 10. Re: intel RST driver for H77 and Win10
                            Intel Corporation

Hello, Lobo666:

I am following your case. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
                            Mike C