1 2 Previous Next 24 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2016 3:34 PM by Intel Corporation

DZ68BC-BSOD Twice a week

Libirm

As Princess Lia once said "Help me Obi Wan Kanobi (Intel Discussion Board) you're my only hope"

After a few months after I upgraded to Win 10- a few things started to happen.

At least twice a week- BSOD_

With that, the MB would take allot longer to boot to up- about a minute or two before the F2,F7, options would show up in the lower RHS of screen.

My anti-virus, ESET updated and does have the Boot scan enabled- which might be the reason.    

Then after the window screen appears- about a minute more before my wireless mouse and keybd will operate.

I have tried the suggestions here on this thread-

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/bsod-win-10/495dcf70-6dc3-4c02-90dd-bc1b832798a3?page=1

I have updated the video driver & Gig. Ethernet controller no problem-

But the SATA driver update suggested in the thread above leads to a BSOD- Not sure it is the right one as I do not use RAID on my drives.

I have not updated the BIOS as of yet- nervous about it to tell the truth. I want to clone my HD first just in case.

I have ran a MEM test- no problems, and OS is up to date-

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

• 1. Re: DZ68BC-BSOD Twice a week
          N.Scott.Pearson

Well, the standard advice would be to update the BIOS to the latest. One thing I can say for sure is that you do not need to install the Intel Rapid Storage (STOR) driver package if you do not have RAID enabled in the BIOS. Still, it is supposed to work - but perhaps there is an issue if attempting to use Windows 10 on such an old board?

What is/are the BSOD dump file(s) telling you? What is the component that is failing? I believe that there are folks on the Microsoft forums that can help you determine this...

Hope this helps,

...Scott

• 2. Re: DZ68BC-BSOD Twice a week
            Libirm

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Tue 3/29/2016 9:57:01 PM GMT your computer crashed
            crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\032916-15078-01.dmp
            This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
            Bugcheck code: 0xC4 (0x62, 0xFFFFE000C16559F0, 0xFFFFE000C164DB70, 0x11)
            Error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION
            Bug check description: This is the general bug check code for fatal errors found by Driver Verifier.
            The driver is unloading without first freeing its pool allocations. A bug check with this parameter occurs only when the Pool Tracking option of Driver Verifier is active. This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
            The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 3/29/2016 9:57:01 PM GMT your computer crashed
            crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
            This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
            Bugcheck code: 0xC4 (0x62, 0xFFFFE000C16559F0, 0xFFFFE000C164DB70, 0x11)
            Error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION
            Bug check description: This is the general bug check code for fatal errors found by Driver Verifier.
            The driver is unloading without first freeing its pool allocations. A bug check with this parameter occurs only when the Pool Tracking option of Driver Verifier is active. This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
            The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

• 3. Re: DZ68BC-BSOD Twice a week
              N.Scott.Pearson

Definitely sounds like you have a driver issue. This being caused by an older BIOS is a definite possibility (though it may be just a bad driver implementation)...

...S

• 4. Re: DZ68BC-BSOD Twice a week
                Libirm

Is updating the BIOS relatively safe?

• 5. Re: DZ68BC-BSOD Twice a week
                  N.Scott.Pearson

Provided you closely follow the instructions detailed here: Updating the BIOS to Support 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors, you should be ok...

• 6. Re: DZ68BC-BSOD Twice a week
                    Intel Corporation
                    This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi Libirm,

Let me know how the BIOS update works.

Regards,
                    Mike C

• 7. Re: DZ68BC-BSOD Twice a week
                      Libirm

Will Do Mike- I want to get a few thing ready- so it might not be for a few days- but I will post here after the update.

Thanks for the interest.

Paul B

• 8. Re: DZ68BC-BSOD Twice a week
                        Intel Corporation

Hi Libirm,

Thank you for your feedback. I will be waiting for your response.

Regards,
                        Mike C

• 9. Re: DZ68BC-BSOD Twice a week
                          Libirm

Good Morning Gentleman-

Here is the up date- Flashed the BIOS this am-  Got a error message after a long time to boot-

"error in Post, would you like to go back to precious settings or make changes in setup?"

I opted for make changes- when the screen finally come up- I opted out with out any changes- Then it booted to Windows.

Which I glad for t say the least.

However the nagging problem of taking a long time to boot to windows seems to be a ongoing problem.

Please advise.

• 10. Re: DZ68BC-BSOD Twice a week
                            Intel Corporation

Hi Libirm,

Thank you for your update.

Your system is working now but it is working slowly. Please download and run our tool and send me the results.
                            Intel® System Support Utility
                            https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Let me know which BIOS file you are using for the update process and which BIOS update method you already tried.

Note: How to attach a file
                            Click reply
                            On upper right corner click Use advanced editor
                            Lower right section click Attach

Regards,
                            Mike C

• 11. Re: DZ68BC-BSOD Twice a week
                              N.Scott.Pearson

I recommend that you go into BIOS Setup and use F9 to restore the default configuration (you can then change the few parameters necessary for your configuration). In fact, I recommend that everyone do this immediately after any BIOS upgrade. Why? One of the problems that can occur over time is that someone's old BIOS configuration may not map exactly onto a new BIOS release. This results from feature changes (additions, removals, improvements - and yes, bugs). It is the reason why, if many newer BIOS releases are available, Intel doesn't recommend trying to jump to the absolute latest in one step. In order to ensure that the BIOS configuration is exactly where it should be (a known quantity), restore everything to their defaults and go from there...

...S

• 12. Re: DZ68BC-BSOD Twice a week
                                Libirm

Updated the BIOS to version 042:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloads/eula/23524/BIOS-Update-BCZ6810H-86A-?httpDown=https%3A%2F%2Fdownloadmirror.intel.com%2F23524%2Feng%2FBCZ6810H.86A.0042.EB.EXE

Express BIOS Update [BCZ6810H.86A.0042.EB.EXE] - Self-extracting Windows*-based update file includes Software License Agreement and the utility for updating the BIOS. It is designed to be used on Windows* systems. This method is the most commonly used.

• 13. Re: DZ68BC-BSOD Twice a week
                                  Libirm

I am using a program called HWiNFO64-

It is telling me that the Bios is still-

[BIOS]

BIOS Manufacturer:                      American Megatrends

BIOS Date:                              11/07/2011

BIOS Version:                           BCZ6810H.86A.0028.2011.1107.0958

UEFI BIOS:                              Capable

Super-IO/LPC Chip:                      Winbond/Nuvoton W83676HG/W83677HG/NCT6771F/2F/5F [B]

In other words my BIOS did not update with the Flash Bios method- Bummer

I wait for your thoughts-

• 14. Re: DZ68BC-BSOD Twice a week
                                    Libirm

OK- now I have bigger problems- thought I try updating the bios again- ( I am using another computer ihave)  but doing the flash update- again the error.

But this time when I said go back to a older version- it went intothis circle of "windows has problems and will try to fix"  well it can't fix...because somehow the Bios changed the "C" drive to the "X" drive and of course...it can't start window!!!

Tried to change using disk part but it won't let me change the drive letter--please- any suggestions???

1 2 Previous Next