You can try the following driver Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows 7/8.1* [15.36], which is the latest and I would recommend installing it with this method How to Manually Install a Graphics Driver in Windows 7*.
Sorry for the delay to respond. I was unable to look into this further due to other commitments.
I attempted to download the latest driver for my graphics chipset which is here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25978/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-15-36-?product=81496http://
When I downloaded the driver, I got this message:
I'm not sure where to report this issue.
Please try this method for the installation;
1. Login with administrator privileges
2. Open Control Panel
3. Open Device Manager
4. Click on "Display adapters"
5. Double click "Intel HD Graphics"
6. Click on the "Driver" tab
7. Click on "Update Driver" button
8. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software"
9. Click on "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
10. Click on "Have Disk" button
11. Click "Browse"
12. Navigate to the folder that you unzipped the Intel HD Graphics driver to
13. Navigate to the Graphics sub-folder
14. Double click the igdlh64.inf or igdlh.inf file <-- depends on if you have 32 or 64 bit OS
15. Click "OK"
16. Click "Next", Driver should now be installing.
17. If successful, click "Close", Reboot.
Let me know it that helps.
Thank you for your response. I came here to report that I got around the issue. First, I uninstalled the "customized driver" using "add or remove programs". When the computer rebooted, Windows replaced the driver with a previously installed driver. I uninstalled that and selected the option to delete the driver. After that, Windows replaced the driver with a generic driver, operating in 640x480. I rebooted again, then installed the latest driver from the intel website, which is 126.96.36.19914. It seems to be fine.
After doing this, I ran the intel driver update utility. Strangely, it's recommending what appears to be a much older driver, along with the one that's installed.
The 15.33 driver doesn't show up on the Intel driver download website, even if I select windows 8.1 or windows 10.
darylm, I am glad to hear that you were able to install the driver.
The issue you pointed out with the Intel® Driver Update Utility is under investigation, an upcoming version will show some improvement. We are working on additional fixes, which we hope to have ready soon.
For further reference visit Drivers & Software.