Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Intel 530 graphics driver causing graphics corruption

TTayl1
Beginner

Hi,

When installed my Intel 530 graphics driver ends up creating graphics corruption that can only be fixed through a hard reboot. I do not have any problems with the Microsoft basic display driver but when I install the driver the graphical corruption starts again. The corruption usually happens in low to idle load situations.

Is there anyway to fix this.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, DatDerpyHorse:

Could you please provide us with the following;

• Intel® HD Graphics driver version installed. Please go to Device Manger> Display adapters> Intel(R) HD Graphics right click on Properties and then go to Driver, you will be able to see the version installed.
  • BIOS version.
  • Computer model.
  • CPU model.
  • Operating system and the build version.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
TTayl1
Beginner

Driver Version: 20.19.15.4331

BIOS Version: American Megatrends Inc. P1.40, 25/1/2016

Computer Model: Custom Built

CPU Model: Intel i5-6400

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the information.

Please, try the following:

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
TTayl1
Beginner

I have done this and it still happens.

It looks like this if this helps

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Is there any chance you can test a different monitor/TV and test a different cable?

0 Kudos
TTayl1
Beginner

Yes I have done that many times.

I used to have a AMD R7 370 in my computer and it used to freeze. So I RMA'ed the graphics card to see if that was the issue. I also did the same with the MOBO. They both were replaced and the freezing was still happening. So i began to just use the intergrated graphics and the freezing was just replaced with the graphics corruption. I have already reinstalled Windows 10 with no affect while also replacing the Power Supply. I need help to fix this werid problem I can't even use my computer to play a simple game like CS:GO with out the graphic corruption popping up when at idle.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Let's try replacing the unit, so please contact us at http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html Contact Support in order to check the replacement options for your processor.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
TTayl1
Beginner

I have done just done that and the problem still arises. The only thing i haven't replaced is RAM and the HDD.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Can you test the new unit with a different RAM stick? This odd, but you already replaced the unit and the issue is still there, so with this we can narrow down the issue.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/100596 DatDerpyHorse, were you able to test the RAM?

Let me know your findings.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
TTayl1
Beginner

Hey,

Im a student and the past week has been rlly busy for me. I will try to get new ram but looking at my bank account that's not rlly able to be done. Here in New Zealand RAM is not cheap

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I understand, if possible take the NUC to a computer shop, maybe they could help you to test the RAM.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, /thread/100596 DatDerpyHorse:

Were you able to test the NUC?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
TTayl1
Beginner

Replaced ram thnx it works fine now

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/100596 DatDerpyHorse, that is really good to hear! Hope you enjoy your NUC.

If you need further assistance let us know

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos