0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2010 6:32 PM by Netlix

Boot problem with SATA card on Mainboard D845GRG

Netlix

Good Evening !

I'm trying to install a SATA card on Mainboard D845GRG with Board version AAA84534-302, BIOS version RG84510A.86A.0031.P16.0304111001.

The SATA HD is formatted, XP sp2 installed, and on other MB with SATA controller on board, work fine, and of course... boot.

I have buyed a controller IDE SATA based on VIA 6321 chipset (not Silicon images)...

this one: http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310153151449&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I have disconnect the PATA drives, disabled PCI IDE embedded controllers, and activate the function "Scan User Flash Area" from BOOT Menu.

Two seconds away from POST ending, appears the message "reboot and select proper boot device or insert media in selected drive" in white character on black screen.  The mainboard BOOT correctly from LANcard and USB external device !! Now, the SATA disk work as D: drive on mainboard... perfectly.

Is the D845GRG BBS compliant ? Do the BIOS scan the IDE slot for seek a FlashROM boot?

How can i control if the MB seek (or not) the PCI slots for boot and how can i know if the PCI card allowes boot by SATA HD plugged from itself?

Please help me... and Thanx in advance !!!