Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14513 Discussions

rts2011lc cpu cooler lifespan and maintenance

MPete9
Beginner

Hi there !

I'm running cpu cooler rts2011lc from 2012 january. My cpu is i7 2600k.

Everything works perfect and i'm very happy with it.

I have a question, since i'm gonna keep this cooler in the future, how's with lifespan and is there any maintenance needed in long term ?

Thanks for any kind of info.

Best

0 Kudos
1 Solution
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hello Schmety,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

If you keep a low temperature and no overclocking the cooler can last a long time.

How long? It is hard to tell, inadequate cooling and heavy overclocking will decrease the relative lifetime.

To avoid any overheating that can damage the unit I suggest to apply new thermal paste after a while of being used, clean the unit from dust, keep the unit up to date with drivers and BIOS.

To be honest is not that simple to tell what will be the lifespan of a unit. It all really depends on your specific unit. Let's say we have 100 units of Intel® RTS2011LC. Then we would quickly discover that even though they all are the same model, they can be quite different in terms of performance and indeed the lifespan magnitude.

Best wishes,

Ivan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hello Schmety,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

If you keep a low temperature and no overclocking the cooler can last a long time.

How long? It is hard to tell, inadequate cooling and heavy overclocking will decrease the relative lifetime.

To avoid any overheating that can damage the unit I suggest to apply new thermal paste after a while of being used, clean the unit from dust, keep the unit up to date with drivers and BIOS.

To be honest is not that simple to tell what will be the lifespan of a unit. It all really depends on your specific unit. Let's say we have 100 units of Intel® RTS2011LC. Then we would quickly discover that even though they all are the same model, they can be quite different in terms of performance and indeed the lifespan magnitude.

Best wishes,

Ivan

0 Kudos
MPete9
Beginner

Thanks for your answer !

There was no overclocking so far and also i don't intend to.

Chassis is always clean and no dirt inside chassis or cooler.

I hope it will still work quite some time, cause it's very good cooler !

Best,

Matej
0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Thank you for taking your time to post your concern; I hope you can have a good experience with the unit and hopefully it will last a long time.

Regards,

Ivan