11 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2016 6:51 PM by Intel Corporation

HELP ¿As I do to restore the BIOS address BOARD DB85FL please?

GermanCordoba

I have a problem with the Board DB85FL, mistakenly modify the BIOS at boot time and can not find the address of the BIOS does not allow me to enter the BIOS. As I do to restore that BOARD please.

• 1. Re: HELP ¿As I do to restore the BIOS address BOARD DB85FL please?
          N.Scott.Pearson

Your query is too terse; please explain in more detail. What did you change? What are you seeing? What have you tried to do about it?

...S

• 2. Re: HELP ¿As I do to restore the BIOS address BOARD DB85FL please?
            GermanCordoba

Good day Mr. N. Scott Pearson

You enter the Setup of the Board, and was modified by mistake Bios settings.

It was restarted and generates 2 beeps and fly and 2 beeps. If there is to do nothing, no image is shown on the monitor.

In view of what happened has tried to reset the BIOS with the jumper, and any change does not occur. On the monitor shows me a message that the jummper has been removed. Not find the BIOS address. the jumper is put back and continues with the beeps.

Proceeded to start the CMOS by removing the battery to allow us to enter the Setup and displays nothing.

It has sought to recover the BIOS via USB and nothing happens, will not let me.

We do not know to do to restore the BIOS.

Thanks for your mail, I thank you collaborate.

• 3. Re: HELP ¿As I do to restore the BIOS address BOARD DB85FL please?
              N.Scott.Pearson

Modified how? What did you change?

In order to do a BIOS recovery, you need to do the following:

1. Format a USB 2.0 (not USB 3.0) flash stick using the FAT32 file system and place a copy of file FL0130.BIO (obtained here: Download BIOS Update [FLB8510H.86A]) onto this flash stick.
              2. Power off system completely and disconnect A/C power (i.e. unplug the chord from the wall outlet).
              3. Remove the (yellow) BIOS configuration jumper from the board.
              4. Remove the CR2032 battery from the board.
              5. Let system sit like this for one full hour.
              6. Restore the battery to its socket on the board.
              7. Plug the flash stick into a (black) USB 2.0 port on the back panel of the board. Do not plug it into a (yellow) charging port, do not plug it into a (blue) USB 3.0 port, do not plug it into any front panel USB port or any port on an external USB hub; it must be one of the (black) USB 2.0 ports on the back panel of the board.
              8. Plug the system back into A/C power and press the power button.
              9. The system should proceed to load the .BIO file from this flash stick and then automatically reboot and begin the install of this file.
              10. Do nothing until the system tells you the BIOS recovery operation is done. If you have seen no messages and 30 minutes have transpired, you can give up and continue.
              11. Power off the system.
              12. Restore the jumper to the 1-2 pins.

If the BIOS update was successful (i.e. you didn't give up at step 10), you should be able to power on the system and press F2 to get into BIOS Setup (Visual BIOS). If you get there, press F9 to have the BIOS configuration restored to its default settings.

Hope this helps,

...Scott

• 4. Re: HELP ¿As I do to restore the BIOS address BOARD DB85FL please?
                Hellen_Intel
                Hi,

Thanks Scott, GermanCordoba you can also check in the following link the recovery BIOS update instructions for Intel® Desktop Boards
                http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000005630.html

Regards,

Hellen.

• 5. Re: HELP ¿As I do to restore the BIOS address BOARD DB85FL please?
                  GermanCordoba

Scott good day, hope is well with his family.

In March solcite help, and you explain to me how I should do to regain my PC Boot.

I did all procedures, lei material suggested Helen, but I could not even do that, there will be some option to recover the Bios of the Board Intel DB85FL ???.

I require the help urgentepor favor.

In advance thank you very much for all your help and disposal.

German Cordoba Millan

• 6. Re: HELP ¿As I do to restore the BIOS address BOARD DB85FL please?
                    N.Scott.Pearson

German,

Your English is barely understandable. Please feel free to respond in your native language (we can translate it here).

The (2+2) beep pattern that your describe is an indication of a video problem. This doesn't make sense when you also say that messages appear on the monitor. I thus need more information from you.

What processor do you have installed?

What kind (and how much) memory do you have installed?

Do you have a graphics card installed or are you using processor graphics?

If you are using processor graphics, what connector on the board's back panel do you have the monitor plugged into? Does the cable connect directly to the monitor or do you use an adapter (for example, HDMI to DVI)?

What kind of monitor do you have? Does this monitor support the 1024x768 display resolution? [If you have a early BIOS version installed, it cannot display BIOS Setup (Visual BIOS) without this resolution supported.]

Power off the PC. Then, hold the power button for approximately 5 seconds and then release. This should cause a small menu to be displayed. Do you see it? If so, use the F2 key to select entry into BIOS Setup (Visual BIOS). Then, use the F9 key to restore the BIOS configuration to defaults.

...Scott

• 7. Re: HELP ¿As I do to restore the BIOS address BOARD DB85FL please?
                      GermanCordoba

Buen dia,

El Pc estaba funcionando normal, y por equivocación modifique el BIOS y dejo de Iniciar.

Alli empezo todo. Es un PC con un Procesdor i7 4770 LGA1150 en una Board DB85FL, con 8GB en RAM y un Disco Duro de 1 TB. El monitor esta conectado a su puerto DVI-I usando un adaptador. Con monitor Samsung SyncMaster S19B150. Con el Video no tengo problema.

He realizado todos los procedimientos.

Descargue el archivo FL0130.BIO y realice el procedimiento de actualizacion como usted me especifico y como esta en el manual, todo lo hace perfecto. Pero despues que lo apago y vuelvo a encender con el jumper amarillo en 1-2 no muestra nada.

German Cordoba Millan

20160604_165706.jpg20160604_165914.jpg

• 8. Re: HELP ¿As I do to restore the BIOS address BOARD DB85FL please?
                        N.Scott.Pearson

Do you still get the beeps when you power it on?

Did you try using the Recovery Menu? If not, here's the methodology again:

• Power off the PC. Then, press the power button for approximately 5 seconds and then release. When you first press the power button, you should see (or hear) the processor fan start spinning. If it stops spinning before you release the power button, you have held it too long. In this case, try holding it for a shorter amount of time.
                        • This should cause the splash screen to be displayed and then be replaced with a small menu. Do you see it?
                        • If you see it, use the F2 key to select entry into BIOS Setup (Visual BIOS). Then, use the F9 key to restore the BIOS configuration to defaults.

...Scott

• 9. Re: HELP ¿As I do to restore the BIOS address BOARD DB85FL please?
                          GermanCordoba

Sr Scott,

Agradecido inmensamente por su ayuda, pude resolver...

Muchas gracias...

German Cordoba

• 10. Re: HELP ¿As I do to restore the BIOS address BOARD DB85FL please?
                            N.Scott.Pearson

You are very welcome; I am glad it worked out!

...S

• 11. Re: HELP ¿As I do to restore the BIOS address BOARD DB85FL please?
                              Intel Corporation
                              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Thanks Scott, if there is something else you need, please let me know.

Regards,
                              Hellen.