6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2016 8:37 AM by Amy_Intel

(Processor dead)Switching on my computer but there was no sign of life, no fan spin, no lights and no sound of motherboard speaker.

aniketmore

Hello,

Some months back i tried switching on my computer but there was no sign of life, no fan spin, no lights and no sound of motherboard speaker. In short it was completely dead.

-I got the whole system diagnosed from a local hardware engineer, he told me there is a problem in the mobo and get it checked from the service centre.

-I did it as he told and took it to the gigabyte service centre, the service centre engineer checked the mobo there on the spot and diagnosed that the processor was at fault.

-I am sure about what he told because the service centre engineer showed me by putting a different processor in my mobo and the whole system worked perfectly, but with my processor nothing worked.

-The processor was in warranty so i applied for it and got it repaired. And then everything worked perfectly and system booted successfully with all components running.

-But recently the same problem has occurred and i m not able to diagnose the real reason for this problem.

-Please someone help me to find the real problem which might be causing this.

I did a check of all electrical sockets for any earthing problem or short circuit but everything is good.

I use a surge protector in between my main electrical socket and the PSU connection.

My specs are as follows:

Processor- i3-4130 3.4GHz

mobo- gigabyte B85M-DS3H

ram- 4gb vengeance 1600 MHz

corsair- 550W PSU.

Thank you,

Aniket More.