0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2010 10:51 AM by xschwabx

Multiple Monitor Display problem on Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E8500 Motherboard

xschwabx

This is our 2nd purchase of a new HP Compaq 6000 Pro Small Form Factor PC (Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor E8500 (3.16 GHz, 6 MB L2 cache, 1333 MHz FSB), 4 GB of RAM, Windows 7 Pro. x64. The first time HP told us in order to run 4 Monitor's at the same time we had to custom order the PC from the HP Website with 2 x NVIDIA Quadro NVS 290 PCIe x1 Cards instead of trying to run 2 Monitors from the Intel Motherboard Onboard Video Card and an extra NVIDIA PCIe x16 card. That's what we did and now with the second Computer configuration including the 2 x NVIDIA Quadro NVS 290 PCIe x1 Cards we are still not able to run 4 Monitors at the same time.

Problems:

1. There is only one NVS 290 Video Card showing up in the Device Manager.

2. Even with only one NVS 290 Video Card we can still not get it to work with two 2 Monitors. Under the Display Settings - Screen Resolution - two Monitors show up but only one is active. When we enable the second Monitor and choose "Extend these display" the Desktop jumps from one Monitor to the other. Only one Monitor at a time is able to run. I know this sounds very strange but I can confirm you that we did not install any Software on this Computer yet. I contacted HP Support without much success. One person told me that we would need to have one PCIe x1 1st Cards and one PCIe x16 Card. Is that true?

If so why can't I get even two Monitors up and running with only one NVIDIA Quadro NVS 290 PCIe x1 Card? Since this is our second PC from HP I'm wondering if it has do with the specific Intel Motherboard on this Small Form Factor PC that won't let us run multiple monitors.

All the help and your thoughts on this is appreciated.

Thank you.

Roman