1 2 3 4 Previous Next 46 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2016 1:05 AM by N.Scott.Pearson

Wifi is unreliable in the new STK1AW32SC (2016 model). I tried everything suggested.

Magyar

I recently bought the new Compute Stick. I was waiting for this updated version.

It is hard to get connected to my router which is less than 1m away and 100% signal. When its finally connected the speed is very slow, it can hardly open websites and it get constantly disconnected.

The wifi was actually better BEFORE I updated to the latest Windows release.

After I updated the Windows, I updated the drivers (wireless and graphics) from Intel website. Because wireless was not working I downloaded it to another computer and transferred the drivers by USB. It didn't resolved the wifi problem.

As a final solution I read on this forum to update the BIOS to 0019. The BIOS update went fine and it was successful. The stick restarted correctly a couple of times, but now it wont restart with a wireless keyboard/mouse adapter attached to the USB. I get the following error: "Error sending end of post message to ME, System HALT!"

And the wifi problem remains also!

Should I wait for new BIOS / drivers to be released from Intel in a reasonable short time? Or what should I do?

1 2 3 4 Previous Next