5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2016 8:35 AM by Intel Corporation

Flickering Textures in Dreamfall / Windows 7 / Intel HD Graphics 530

Journeyperson

I'm encountering strange graphics issues playing Dreamfall: The Longest Journey (released in 2006). I would appreciate any assistance.

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

Dreamfall: The Longest Journey suffers from severe graphics glitches. Many of the textures flicker constantly as long as the camera is moving.

Does it fail every single time, or only sometimes?
      If you can offer a % rate please do.

The problems appear every time the game is run. Changing the in-game graphics quality settings has no effect.

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Custom-built PC with Intel Core i5-6400, H170M-PLUS ASUS motherboard

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?
      ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

Just Intel HD Graphics 530

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).
      LFP
      = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)
      EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)

EFP: ASUS VS238, no other displays

How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below).

8 GB

Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.
      ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc

Display plugged in via DVI

Hardware Stepping (see note1 below).

See attached screenshot

Software (SW)

Operating System version (see note2 below).

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

VBIOS (video BIOS) version. This can be found in “information page” of CUI (right click on Desktop and select “Graphics Properties”.

Graphics Driver version; for both integrated Intel and 3rd party vendors (see note2 below).

SW or Apps version used to replicate the issue.

Dreamfall: The Longest Journey contains the file version.txt, with the following content: SourceCommitRev: 25955 Rev: 25957

CommitDate: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 08:35:39 GMT

BuildDate: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 13:07:36 Profile: Win32_External_Release

Publisher: aspyr

Configurations

Single display, clone, or extended (see note2 below).

I'm attaching the scan reports from Intel SSU, DxDiag and DispDiag.

Display resolution & refresh rate setting of each display (see note2 below).

1920 x 1080 (60p Hz)

AC or DC mode, i.e. is power cable plugged in or not?

This is a desktop PC, so N/A.

How to repro

Please provide steps to replicate the issue.  These steps are very crucial to finding the root cause and fix.
      A screenshot to illustrate the issue is a huge plus. A video of the failure is even better! Attach to the post or provide the YouTube link.

1. Install Dreamfall and the latest patch. Make sure you don't launch the game before patching it, as this would attempt to install the dreaded StarForce DRM driver, which messes Windows up.
      2. Start a new game.
      3. In the prologue, as soon as you enter the ritual chamber, you'll notice a lot of flickering in the wall textures.
      4. Right after this there is a cutscene, where the flickering becomes unbearable. See the second screenshot. The snow-covered landscape keeps flashing with these patches of black or dark grey, when it should stay blue.