10 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2016 11:21 PM by jinzai

problems installing packages

la_karli

Hello,

I hope someone can help me.

I tried to install the package:

python-lxml (therefore libxml2 and libxslt are needed)

libexpat1

liburcu

check

but I fails .. I use pip as well as easy_install to install it....

I don't know what i should do.

• 1. Re: problems installing packages
          FGT

Hi,

What is the error (you may copy the error message)?

Fernando.

• 3. Re: problems installing packages
            FGT

Hmm... I'm not an expert, but it seems to be a pip error... did you try to install the package/s with opkg (the "default" package manager,  think...)?

Fernando.

• 4. Re: problems installing packages
              la_karli

I used easy_install/ pip because opkg didn't know this packages!

• 5. Re: problems installing packages
                PabloM_Intel

Hi la_karli,

Could you tell us which image you’re using? The standard or the IoT image?

Also, if you could provide all the steps that you follow using pip and easy_install that would be very helpful. We would like to replicate your issue to compare our results.

Regards,

Pablo

• 6. Re: problems installing packages
                  la_karli

I was able to install

libexpat1

liburcu

check

libxml2

libxslt

but for lxml, cython have to be installed.

So I try to install cython. (PS: I don't have a error message directly, I will post one if it fails again today)

I use the IoT-Image....

• 7. Re: problems installing packages
                    jinzai

I installed libxml2 using npm, however -- I just wanted libxml2, it was not part of a larger install like your situation. Perhaps if you installed the dependent packages first, the outer install would work.

• 8. Re: problems installing packages
                      la_karli

Thank you for your help.

I tried to install libxml2 with npm but it fails too.... did you use npm install libxml2 or something different?!

• 9. Re: problems installing packages
                        PabloM_Intel

Hi la_karli,

We are still working on this case, in the meantime you can try this suggestion from the following thread: https://communities.intel.com/thread/59050. The idea is to get the library on your personal computer and extract from there to your SD card, once you’ve done this put your SD card back into your Galileo board. Boot your board, go to the directory containing the library, module, etc., and run python setup.py install. Remember to install any necessary dependencies. Please let us know your results.

Regards,

Pablo

• 10. Re: problems installing packages
                          jinzai

I did use npm install libxml2. Unfortunately, I do not recall exactly what I installed first. I was installing various packages and that was one of them. I was setting up for using node.js -- not every package installed and some had dependencies that the installer told me about. Others were cryptic to me because I am not familiar with this type of Linux customization and I can see clearly that a lot of this is actually building the package, so there is another part of the process that will cause confusion in embedded systems. (They cannot always build complex programs because they do not have the necessary resources.) I do recall some of them telling me to contact the package owner with the error.

The best path I can see is, unfortunately, the one I am loathe to try....get a Linux desktop to use for the heavy work that I do not know how to do on my Galileo 2. I really do not want to try to invest a couple of thousand dollars in another system that isn't even a Windows system. I am not 15 and I work primarily in Windows, not Linux.

I hope you get your system working the way you want. Happy Coding!