Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14527 Discussions

Is there a real fix on Skylake bug already?

VDago
Beginner

I built a rig a week ago and it started freezing, restart button is disabled, no BSOD though but I need to long press the power button to restart. I searched the net and I stumbled a forum talking about Skylake bug. I followed the thread and they said to update the BIOS. I thought it would be the fix. But just now, it started freezing again and again on random times. How can i permanently get rid of this? I really need help.

Mobo: Gigabyte Z170XP

Processor: i5 6400

VCard: Palit GTX 750

RAM: 2 x 4GB Corsair Vegeance

0 Kudos
6 Replies
jLisa
Beginner

try F6 bios

I have a gigabyte mobo too and it fixed random freezes for me

0 Kudos
VDago
Beginner

I'm already in F6, and for a week it didnt freeze. I hard restart twice then it's ok again, apparently. It's been 3 days with no freeze. But I'm still worried it will freeze again someday. So I really want a real fix...

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, All:

Trollgre, thank you for the feedback.

Vanj, Intel has identified an issue that potentially affects the 6th Gen Intel® Core™ family of products. This issue only occurs under certain complex workload conditions. In those cases, the processor may hang or cause unpredictable system behavior. Intel has identified and released a fix and is working with external business partners to get the fix deployed through BIOS. Please give it a try with that BIOS version and if the issue persists let us know.

Regards,

0 Kudos
VDago
Beginner

Is being idle or browsing considered as complex workload conditions?

As what I've already replied, I already updated my BIOS to F6. Which is the latest I can download on the Gigabyte's website. And still experiencing random hard freeze. :3

0 Kudos
VDago
Beginner

I just had another hard freeze now!!! WTF is going on with my new rig?!? T_T

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

At this stage, I would recommend to contact us at http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html Contact Support in order to check the replacement options for you processor

Regards,

0 Kudos