Intel recommends to always use the latest drivers provided by the OEM. However, as a second option, you can always use the generic drivers provided in our download center.
Please proceed as follows:
1. We understand you have done it already but here is the link just in case: Drivers & Software please make sure you have the version that is according to your OS version and architecture 32 or 64 bit. Download and save it.
2. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".
3. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".
4. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.
10. Reboot or scan for hardware changes, then uninstall and delete any older driver versions as you did for the Wireless adapter.
12. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components.
Please take a look to the notes in the download page. Version number shown in device manager depends on what adapter your system has:
PROSet version = 18.40.0
Driver version = 22.214.171.124 for Windows® 10 for 18260, 8260, 3165, and 17265 adapters.
Driver version = 126.96.36.199 for Windows® 10 for 7265, 3160, and 7260 adapters.