1 2 3 Previous Next 39 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2016 6:01 PM by Intel Corporation

New HD 530 driver made the "stopped responding"-bug rare, but introduced rectangular glitches.

Virrhe

Sorry for the messy table, looks OK while editing, but the borders disappear after posting for some reason.

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

See the attached screen shots. Rectangular glitches appear on screen randomly. Most often when switching/alt-tabbing to a new window. Also sometimes when filling text fields or right clicking to pop up the menu in some applications. The glitches disappear when painting over them with the mouse or reloading the page.

The problem started after installing HD Graphics 530 driver 20.19.15.4380. Using earlier drivers, every driver/BIOS combination had the infamous "dark screen, freeze, stopped responding/recovered" -bug, which I was unable to fix. With .4380 the "stopped responding" -bug appears only rarely, but it introduced these glitches. Asus graphics drivers seem to be just older versions of the generic drivers.

Does it fail every single time, or only sometimes?
      If you can offer a % rate please do.

Only sometimes, randomly, but over a hundred times per day? I feel like they go in waves, so for a while I get it constantly, then for some time very rarely. They appear more often when switching to/from a webpage in Firefox or application to another, and very rarely when staying in one application or playing a game.

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Built from parts. Asus H110I-PLUS, Intel Core i3-6100.

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?
      ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

Only iGPU.

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).
      LFP
      = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)
      EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)

Samsung 24E390HL EFP

How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below).

8 Gb

Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.
      ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc

Hardware Stepping (see note1 below).

Screenshot attached.

Software (SW)

Operating System version (see note2 below).

Microsoft Windows 10 Education 64bit (10.0.10586)

VBIOS (video BIOS) version. This can be found in “information page” of CUI (right click on Desktop and select “Graphics Properties”.

Graphics Driver version; for both integrated Intel and 3rd party vendors (see note2 below).

From .4404 -> Glitches often, and "stopped responding" very rarely.

From Intel: 20.19.15.4380 -> Glitches, didn't "stop respoding" the short time I had this.

From autoupdate, I think this was .4330 or something? -> "stopped responding / recovered" -bug.

From Asus: Intel Graphics Accelerator Driver V10.18.15.4274, contained older generic Intel driver -> "stopped responding / recovered" -bug

SW or Apps version used to replicate the issue.

Configurations

Single display, clone, or extended (see note2 below).

Couldn't find any of the the words "single", "clone" or "extended" in the file. I have one monitor?

Display resolution & refresh rate setting of each display (see note2 below).

1920x1080. 59 Hz.

AC or DC mode, i.e. is power cable plugged in or not?

Power cable is plugged in, there's a power adapter in the cable tho?

How to repro

Please provide steps to replicate the issue.  These steps are very crucial to finding the root cause and fix.
      A screenshot to illustrate the issue is a huge plus. A video of the failure is even better! Attach to the post or provide the YouTube link.

1. Install Windows 10 in a i3-6100 + H110I-PLUS computer.
      2. Use the iGPU, install driver .4380.
      3. Switch between two pages in Firefox, this one, and any other one. The effect is random, but I was able to produce glitches in 10 seconds after a few repeats. Screenshot attached.

Asus is refusing warranty, saying they are not responsible if Intel's iGPU driver is not working properly in Windows 10, and told me to wait for Intel to fix their drivers. Help?

Message was edited by: Teemu Ranta

1 2 3 Previous Next