10 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2016 9:57 AM by Intel Corporation

NUC5PPYH sudden extreme slow speed

MattyD

Hello, I am looking for assistance with what I suspect is a bad NUC kit. I purchased the NUC5PPYH kit with an approved stick of ram and an SSD. I successfully installed all the components, installed windows 8.1 and updated all drivers etc.

The system ran great for approximately 2 months. Recently I went to power up the system and found it extremely slow. It was taking 10-20 minutes to load into windows. Once in Windows the system was extremely slow. To date I have tried the following things:

1. Ran memtest86 several times for 6-10 hours each, no errors.

2. Removed SSD and ran optimization and error checking on another PC. No issues found.

2. Attempted to re-install windows, re-format SSD during install. After 8 hours the install was still not completed.

3. I can accesses BIOS, reset all to default, still same issues.

I have had no BSOD's or other errors leading up to this. The only issue is the extreme slow speed now. I have made no further software or hardware changes over the past 2 months after initial setup (besides windows updates). System worked great during that time.

I am at a loss as to what the cause is and I'm left to suspect something on the motherboard went? Please help!