3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2016 7:47 AM by Intel Corporation

Silent Installer for Deployment of Galileo

Random206

Hey all,

I have downlaoded the latest version of the Intel Galileo Installer from the Intel website (https://software.intel.com/en-us/iot/downloads).

The installer would work fine if I manually installed it, however I am required to install it via deployment with SCCM.

I have looked at the installer using Silent Switch Finder and it doesn't recognise the installer.

I have tried using cmd an targeting the installer and using a /? switch, but still no luck, it just launches the installer.

I have tried extracting the contents of the wrapper, but the installer inside the wrapper does the exact same thing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am a bit stumped and can't find ANY documentation on a deployment for this software.

Regards,

Toby

• 1. Re: Silent Installer for Deployment of Galileo
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi,

As you said, there is no documentation available to deploy this software. I’ve never seen anything related to this in the community so I’m not sure something like this would work on the integrated installer. I read online about the Silent Switch Finder and it seems that not all programs are deployed the same way. This is because of how the program is. There’s not a standard to do this with all applications and the integrated installer seems not to be fully compatible. I’d suggest you to contact the developer of the program to see if there’s a workaround that can be used with programs like the integrated installer.

Sergio

• 2. Re: Silent Installer for Deployment of Galileo
            Random206

Thanks Sergio, however this doesn't really answer my question, I do not want to see if the software is compatible with the silent switch finder software, I would like to know if there is a silent switch that I can use to deploy the Galileo Integrated Installer please.

If there is not, it makes it impossible to deploy the software on a mass scale.

Thanks,

Toby

• 3. Re: Silent Installer for Deployment of Galileo
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

There are issues with implementing this feature with product components:

-Not all of them supports silent installation (drivers mostly, some of them third party). It will require special investigation and legal approval to implement silent installation for them

-Also some of them have digital signature which isn't recognized by windows (in that case Windows prompts user to allow installation of this driver). It will require resign/rebuild of component by its owner to resolve this issue, therefore we can't provide an estimation of how much time it can take.

Sergio