4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 28, 2016 3:14 PM by Intel Corporation

Win 10 removes intel display audio driver

RTC

When my NUC shuts down, Windows 10 removes my "intel display audio driver" and the "Realtek High Definition Audio" driver from the device manager. The next time I power up, there is no sound and the Device Manager shows only a "Multimedia Audio Controller" but with a "Splat".

If I Reboot, both the "intel Display Audio" driver and the "Realtek High Definition Audio" drivers reappear-and I have sound.

Shutting the NUC down repeats the whole process - until I reboot again.   Very annoying.

• 1. Re: Win 10 removes intel display audio driver
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted by Intel Corporation on behalf of

Hello, RTC:

Thank you for contacting the Intel® Communities.

I would like to recommend you the following:

-Boot your system and access the device manager, look for display adapters and "sound, video and game controllers"
          -Uninstall these drivers and download/install the latest drivers from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/
          -Intel® HD Graphics would be for display and Realtek would be for audio.

If you require support to get the drivers, please provide me with the model of your NUC and the current OS you are using.

Regards,
          Esteban C

• 2. Re: Win 10 removes intel display audio driver
            RTC

Hello Esteban,

No, the problem still exists. I have made sure the correct drivers are installed:  theintel Display Audio" driver and the "Realtek High Definition Audio” driver.

Again, when I shut my NUC down, Windows 10 removes my "intel display audio driver" and the "Realtek High Definition Audio" driver from the device manager so the next time I power up, the Device Manager shows only a "Multimedia Audio Controller" with a "Splat" (Code 28) PCI Bus 0, Device 31, Function 3 and there is no sound.

When I Reboot, the Device Manager shows that the, "Multimedia Audio Controller" is gone and both the "intel Display Audio" driver and the "Realtek High Definition Audio" drivers are back again-and I have sound.

When I shut the NUC down, the whole process repeats; no sound - until I reboot again.

My NUC is the 6i3SYK and I am running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.164).

‘hope you can figure it out.

Thank you,

Roy

• 3. Re: Win 10 removes intel display audio driver
              RTC

Hi again Esteban,

After 90 minutes with the Microsoft, Answer Desk Tech Support, They solved the problem; I installed your BIOS Update (v.39) and after updating, the correct audio drivers remain after Shut Down and the sound now works from a Power Off state. Also, the Realtek Driver was updated to v.6.0.1.7730.

It seems that my Audio Driver problems began when I originally updated my BIOS from v.33 to v.36 !

It is nice to know intel was on this so quickly.

Thank you,

Roy

• 4. Re: Win 10 removes intel display audio driver
                Intel Corporation
                This message was posted by Intel Corporation on behalf of

Hello, RTC:

Thank you for informing us about this.

I am glad to hear that you were able to get this fixed.

If you require any further information or support, do not hesitate to contact us back.

Regards,
                Esteban C