Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20688 Discussions

Passmark's PerformanceTest with "Conservative Morphological Anti-Aliasing" cause TDR

SBrea1
New Contributor I

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue AND 'does it fail every single time, or only sometimes?' If you can offer a % rate please do.

When "Conservative Morphological Anti-Alising" is set to "Override Application Settings", display driver would crash when you run one of the Passmark's PerformanceTest 8.0 3D DirectX 9 tests (either one of the two)

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Sony VAIO Tap 11

Hybrid or switchable graphics system? ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

Intel HD Graphics 4200

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in) 

Built in notebook monitor - LFP

How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below).

4GB

Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.

ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc

None

Hardware Stepping (see note1 below).

PCI/VEN_8086&DEV_0A1E&SUBSYS_90BB104D&REV_0B

PCI/VEN_8086&DEV_0A1E&SUBSYS_90BB104D

PCI/VEN_8086&DEV_0A1E&CC_030000

PCI/VEN_8086&DEV_0A1E&CC_0300

<td rowspan="4" style="border: none; padding: 0 5...
7 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

seemebreakthis

I have received same error message "Display driver Intel® HD Graphics for Windows 8(R) stopped responding and has successfully recovered." I followed step by step instructions and I got same issue. I am forwarding this information to our engineering team.

Allan.

SBrea1
New Contributor I

While you are at it Allan - perhaps you can also inform your engineering team about updating the naming of the driver - "Windows 8(R)" looks pretty bad on a Win10 machine... if it needs to be generic, could at least make it "Windows 7, 8, and 10"? Or simply removing the "Windows 8(R)" altogether?

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Yes, thank you for the feedback, that would be nice.

Allan.

0 Kudos
Bryce__Intel
Employee

This issue is resolved with our latest internal driver build. Checking our release schedule, I don't believe it will make our upcoming Q2'16 driver to DownloadCenter, but it will be in the Q3'16 release [July-Sept] or a prior one if an interim release is completed. Thanks for helping us to improve Intel products.

0 Kudos
SBrea1
New Contributor I

Thank you. As of 15.40.22.4424 (or 20.19.15.4424 depending on how you look at it), the problem still persists. But I will take your word for it, and will wait patiently for the Q3 release. Thanks again.

0 Kudos
SBrea1
New Contributor I

Hello - it is now October, I don't think I have seen a working driver yet.... ok for you to follow up on this?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
SBrea1
New Contributor I

Wow... phenomenal - one entire year after this was initially reported (this message was actually re-posted by Bryce@intel after about 6 months of back-and-forth replies in another thread) and acknowledged but the issue STILL exists.

I have lost my patience. But what else can I do when Intel decides to totally ignore rants from customers like me?

0 Kudos