5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 23, 2016 12:56 PM by rguevara

When will the NUC6i5SYH issue be fixed?

Raptor30

I got this NUC6i5SYH last week. i was really happy and couldn't wait to setup up and hook it up to my home theater.

Suddenly, when i tried to install windows 10 a blue screen came up with an error. OK, restart it over 10 times same came up again. WHAT IS GOING ON? i was really upset.

i found that is a common issue with the new NUC.

I did each step in AQ for SY.pdf. updated the bio to 0039. NO LUCK

I'm really ****** off. The big problem is i cant return this NUC6i5SYH. Because i live in Saudi Arabia and they don't cover international shipping cost. it would cost me around $200 to send it back.

I don't know what to do.

When will the NUC6i5SYH issue be fixed?

• 1. Re: When will the NUC6i5SYH issue be fixed?
          Allanf

I feel for you... I'm in exactly the same boat - I live overseas (Bermuda) and returning a unit is going to cost me around the same price by the time i've included import duty.

My first nuc had the whea error but luckily I had a trip planned to the states where I got an exchange.

I now have a brand new NUC sitting in a box that I'm afraid to use in case the same happens. I'm hoping they release a fix soon (if it can be fixed by software). I don't have any more planned visits to the US so if this one breaks I will have to ship it back.

Once Intel discover the problem I'm hoping they reach out to people like us as a goodwill gesture, however I really can't see it.

• 2. Re: When will the NUC6i5SYH issue be fixed?
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted by Intel Corporation on behalf of

Hi all,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

I’m sorry about the issue you are having with the unit, please let me what is the error message you get when you use the unit, if you are able to attach a picture it will be great, also I will really appreciate if you can provide me with the RAM part number to better assist you.

Raptor30 the error you get is the whea error?

Best wishes,

Ivan

• 3. Re: When will the NUC6i5SYH issue be fixed?
              Raptor30

Yes, it's whea error.

This is the RAM:

"Kingston Technology HyperX Impact 16GB RAM DDR4 2133 HX421S13IBK2/16"

This error message keeps popping up whenever i try to install a windows 10.

Now, i'm unable to send it back to the seller from Amazon due the high cost of international shipping.

I just bought it last week and i'm really disappointed and don't know what to do.

• 4. Re: When will the NUC6i5SYH issue be fixed?
                rguevara

Hi Raptor Ford,

I am sorry to hear that you are dealing with this issue.

We are still working on it, unfortunately I don't have any significant update to share at this point but we keep on working.

I am also checking with my peers that cover your geographical area in order to find out the best solution for you. I will contact you back as soon as I hear from them.

Same for you Allan Fitzsimmons           

Regards,

Ronny G 

• 5. Re: When will the NUC6i5SYH issue be fixed?
                  rguevara

Raptor Ford,

I checked with my counterparts in your Geography and the cost of replacing (shipping) this unit with Intel should not be $200.

Do you have a case number? If you dont, could you please contact Intel Customer Support and initiate your warranty exchange? Here is our contact support web site: Contact Support

If you have issues with this process please send me a private message with your case number and I will follow up on it.

Thanks,

Ronny G