2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2016 9:09 AM by Intel Corporation

I search a driver for PCI Simple Communications Controller

negel

Hy, I have this board

myINTEL_board.jpg

and I can't find a driver for PCI Simple Communications Controller.

I tried with all these drivers,

drivers.jpg

but still don't work.

Please help. Thank you!

• 1. Re: I search a driver for PCI Simple Communications Controller
          N.Scott.Pearson

The PCI Simple Communications Controller is a part of the Management Engine (ME) functionality. It is normally resolved with the installation of the Management Engine Interface (MEI/HECI) driver package.

I notice that you are attempting to run Windows 7 on this board. Windows 7 is not a supported O/S for this board (see here for more information). While you may find some Windows 7 drivers that will work with this board, the overall support will likely be incomplete (though drivers available via Windows Update will resolve most things). I see the appropriate MEI package included in your list (HECI_allOS_2.1.22.1033_PV.exe), but this package does not support Windows 7 and likely did not actually install properly on your system (if it had, it would have resolved the PCI SCC).

In 99.9% of installations, the PCI SCC is not used at runtime. Leaving it unresolved is not an issue (well, beyond the fact that it appears unresolved)...

...S

• 2. Re: I search a driver for PCI Simple Communications Controller
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Thank you N. Scott Pearson for that information you have kindly shared with us and for your contribution on this thread.

Best wishes,

Ivan