Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Problem with multiple monitors

KWitt1
Beginner

I am currently using a laptop with two additional HP monitors and running Windows 10. The Intel HD Graphics Control Panel only recognizes the laptop. The only option in the dropdown is "Built-in Display." The colors on the additional monitors need to be adjusted, but changing the Intel settings only changes the laptop.

How do I get the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel to recognize the additional monitors? If this isn't the right place to ask the question, who should I contact? What additional information do you need?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You may want to review this document: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005580.html Frequently Asked Questions for Multiple Displays

Doc

0 Kudos
KWitt1
Beginner

Thank you. The article doesn't seem to address my problem. All three screens show what they should, but the color settings on the two additional monitors are off.

The gamma setting appears to be the problem. The menu of adjustments that is part of the monitor itself doesn't have this option. Also, when I use Windows to calibrate the colors (Settings, System, Display, Advanced display settings, Color calibration), there is a slider for gamma which works on the laptop but doesn't change anything when used on either of the added monitors. And as I mentioned above, when I go through Graphics properties on the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel, the added monitors do not adjust.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Karen,

For better understanding, please provide us the following information:

Is your laptop working with a 32-bit Operating System or 64-bit?

Are you using any type or video adapter to connect the monitors with the laptop?

Please provide us:

Processor model:

Laptop model:

To identify the processor model check the following link

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/7838/Intel-Processor-Identification-Utility-Windows-Version https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/7838/Intel-Processor-Identification-Utility-Windows-Version

Regarts,

Hellen.
0 Kudos
KWitt1
Beginner

Thank you for getting back to me!

Is your laptop working with a 32-bit Operating System or 64-bit? 64 bit

Are you using any type or video adapter to connect the monitors with the laptop? They are connected via SIIG USB 2.0 to VGA adaptors, Serial # SIIG APV2548X, part # JU-000071-S1

Please provide us:

Processor model: 6th Generation Intel Core i7-6500U Processor (4MB Cache, up to 3.10 GHz)

Laptop model: Dell Inspiron 17 5000 Series
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Probably your adapter would not recognize properly your monitors, and it would generate graphics issues like resolution, video, colors; if there is another device in between your television and the integrated graphics controller, it will interfere with the onboard graphics controller's ability to properly detect the presence of your TV or Monitor.

I recommend you to use a straight-through cable, HDMI to HDMI or VGA to VGA.

Regards,

Hellen.
0 Kudos
KWitt1
Beginner

Thank you for the input. However, the monitors are VGA but my computer has no VGA port.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks for the feedback on this matter; however, please bear in mind that Intel does not validate video adapters such USB to VGA.

Regards,

Hellen.

0 Kudos