3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2010 11:01 AM by deramon

Compatible drive question SS-4200E

Is anyone able to tell me if Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3500320AS works in the unit?

The approved dive is a Seagate Barracuda ES.2 ST3500320NS.

As far as I know the AS is not much different.

Thank you

• 1. Re: Compatible drive question SS-4200E

Using untested drives is never a good idea.  Even if it worked for one person, there's no guarantee it would work for you.

• 2. Re: Compatible drive question SS-4200E
            Javed Lodhi

Hi Deramon,

ST3500320AS is not on approved drive list.

Intel does not encourage you to try any HDD which is not mentioned in the THOL (Tested Hardware & Operating Systems List). I must clear this that Intel specifically states only tested & verified components in a products' THOL & if the part that you're trying to install works anyway, Intel does not take any responsibility in case there is a complaince issue or any post-deployment problem. Intel in this case would not even extend support to you further when it comes to a non-complaince part as it has been advised beforehand.

In some cases, there are some 3rd party tested hardware components that are compatible but since Intel can not test compatibility of almost all the hardware parts available in the market from different vendors due to the massive number of products, it is advised not to go with parts other than the ones mentioned in THOL.

In your typical scenario, ST3500320AS might work but if you encounter any problems during installation or later, Intel would not be responsible for providing support on that. I am attaching a THOL for SS4200-E for you to see, you will find numerous models of Seagate HDDs on Pg 11-12 to choose from.

Hope this helps, in case of any further queries, feel free to contact us

Have a good day, thank you for choosing Intel!

Warm Regards,

Javed Lodhi

Intel Go Green, Save The Environment!

• 3. Re: Compatible drive question SS-4200E

Thanks so much for the info, I will be sure to stay on the approved list.