The Intel documentation says that the following 2 chassis have exactly
the same dimensions.
The Intel documentation says that the following workstation motherboard
has been verified to be compatible with the chassis, SC5650.
The form factor of S5520SC is SSI EEB (12" X 13").
I have 2 questions.
1. Are the positions of the fasteners (for attaching the motherboard to the chassis) in the
SC5299 identical to the positions of the fasteners in the SC5650?
2. Can I put the S5520SC into the chassis, SC5299?
1. Ideally yes since both are SSI-EEB compliant
2. I don't think so due to different power/thermal specification
The documentation for the S5520SC says that it is a dual-processor motherboard.
Suppose that I use the board with only 1 low-power processor. I never use the 2nd CPU slot
and permanently leave it empty.
1. The motherboard has 4 principal connectors for connecting to the power
supply. The documentation identifies the following 4 connectors.
J1K3 for main power (24 pins)
J9A1 for CPU 1 power (8 pin) J9K1 for CPU 2 power (8 pin) J9K2 for P/S aux/IPMB (5 pin)
Can I leave J9K1 without any connection to the power supply?
2. Can I leave J9K2 without any connection to the power supply?
In other words, can the motherboard still be correctly functional
if I leave J9K2 without any connection to the power supply?