I have a similar problem. I will copy out the details as posted in my Experts Exchange question on the subject:
I have an i7 7700K, and it's not overclocked, and the BIOS on my GIGABYTE Z170X-Gaming-3-Eu motherboard is version F20 and untouched (so turbo mode is active but no other explicit overclocking).
Watch for yourself, a gif of the temperature as reported by CPUID HWMonitor:
a) how drastically the temperature fluctuates per tick - 10-20°C in a single tick
b) how high it gets
- This is with nothing heavy running. If I do a prime95 stress test, it reaches 100°C (haven't seen it go over in my several minutes of testing)
- I use water cooling and it seems to be working just fine
- The cooler is seated correctly
- I applied the thermal paste myself, like I have many times in the past. Admittedly it is a cheap one, but that's not enough to explain this
- With the turbo mode, the voltage is reaching about 1.36V or so
- The BIOS reports the same if I use Gigabyte's software in Windows
- If I am in the BIOS itself, the temperature sits at 60°C
- None of the reporting software I use (including openhardwaremonitor) give me the temperature for all 8 threads, like they are supposed to, which signifies a problem imo
Main difference with the OP is the huge temperatures I am seeing. I have attached the test by the Diagnostic Tool linked in the second post. Note that WEIRDLY during the load test, CPUID HWMonitor was reporting NORMAL temperatures (around 65°C). Then as soon as that part of the test finished, it went back to crazy land.
I leave it to you guys.
TESTRESULTS.TXT.zip 2.4 K
This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation
We are currently working and doing an investigation on this matter.
Even though most of the peers on this thread already provided the information of the system being used, there are additional details we need to get in order to continue the research.
Please provide the following information:
RAM Part Number:
Video Card: (If the PC does not have a video card please let us know)
Any questions, please let me know.
Processor Model: i7 7700k
Motherboard Brand: Gigabyte
Motherboard Model: Z170X-Gaming-3-Eu
BIOS Version: F20
RAM Part Number: Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) Vengeance LPX DDR4 Memory Kit - Black
OS installed: Win 10 Pro up to date
Video Card: Inno3D GeForce GTX 1080 HerculeZ Twin X2 8192MB GDDR5X PCI-Express Graphics Card (N1080-1SDN-P6DN)
Nedavno sam kupio Intel i7 7700, i takođe imam problem sa njim. Temperaturni senzor ne radi kako bi trebalo. Kada računar miruje, temperatura je stabilna (oko 30 stepeni). Čim bih zadao neku komandu računaru, temperatura procesora bi skočila za oko 20 stepeni, na trenutak, i odmah bi se vratila na oko 30 stepeni, sto prouzrokuje i brži rad ventilatora na procesoru i ne podnošljivu buku. Kada igram igrice temperatura je konstantno povišena sto se lako može zaključiti po zvuku ventilatora. Važno je napomenuti da se isti problem javlja i kada uđem u BIOS. Kada miruje u BIOS-u, temperatura i obrataju su stabilni, a čim bih pritisnuo neko dugme na tastaturi, čula bi se nepodnošljiva buka.
Processor Model: Intel i7 7700
Motherboard Brand: Gigabyte
Motherboard Model: GA - B250 - HD3P
BIOS Version: F3
RAM Part Number: HX421C14FB/16
OS installed: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB XTREME