Answers (N/A if not applicable)
Provide a detailed description of the issue AND 'does it fail every single time, or only sometimes?' If you can offer a % rate please do.
1. 3D Blu ray playback is broken 95%. Every time I try to view a movie (frame packing), one frame lags behind the other and creates an unwatchable, "water-like" effect. On occasion this can be corrected by pausing the movie for a few seconds, but it is not a consistent fix at all. I reported this to you months ago.
2. Video files and Blu Ray movies will drop a frame about every 4 minutes 100% of the time. This always happens, with or without the helper app Reclock. With an nVidia GPU, this issue was fully resolved with Reclock.
Brand and Model of the system.
Hybrid or switchable graphics system? ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?
No and no. OEM.
Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).
LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)
EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)
EFP. A Vizio M801D-A3 HDTV.
How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below).
Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.
ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc
Happens HDMI out direct to the monitor.
Hardware Stepping (see note1 below).
Operating System version (see note2 below).
VBIOS (video BIOS) version. This can be found in “information page” of CUI (right click on Desktop and select “Graphics Properties”.
Graphics Driver version; for both integrated Intel and 3rd party vendors (see note2 below).
SW/Apps version used to replicate the issue.
PowerDVD 15 build 2003; MPC-HC 188.8.131.52; MediaPortal 1.12.0
Single display, clone, or extended (see note2 below).
Display resolution & refresh rate setting of each display (see note2 below).
(tested with above refresh rates)
AC or DC mode, i.e. is power cable plugged in or not?
yes power is connected
How to repro
Please provide steps to replicate the issue. Thesesteps are very crucial to finding the root cause and fix.
A screenshot to illustrate the issue is a huge plus. Avideo of the failure is even better! Attach to the post or provide the YouTube link.
1. Load any 3D blu ray via PowerDVD
2. Watch video. Distortions are immediately evident (passive 3D viewing).
Note: I will add a video to this report to try and show the distortion, but it really needs to be seen with passive 3D glasses to fully understand the error.
1. Load any mp4, mpg or mkv into a Windows player (hasnt mattered which)
2. Wait a few minutes and you'll see the drop.
Note: The frame drops are not always reported by overlay stats with Mediaportal or MPC-HC. They need to be seen. It is difficult to determine if it is a doubled frame or a dropped frame.