Just to make sure, could you show us the output of uname -a.
I believe this might have something to do with the xdk-daemon, since I noticed a similar behavior with an older version of the daemon. So, my first suggestion to try to solve this issue is to check if you have the latest XDK daemon, let us know the output of opkg list-installed | grep xdk. I believe this is related to the XDK not detecting automatically the Galileo. Try to update the daemon to its latest version using the XDK.
Here is the information you requested:
root@edison:~# uname -a
Linux galileo 3.8.7-yocto-standard #1 Fri Feb 6 08:29:08 GMT 2015 i586 GNU/Linux
root@galileo:~# opkg list-installed | grep xdk
xdk-daemon - 0.0.17-r
The strange thing is that when I connect to the board, I get a different version:
Intel XDK - IoT App Daemon (requires Intel XDK IoT Edition greater than 075) v0.0.31 - commands: run, list, debug, status
I think this is because the new agent is downloaded into a separate directory (/opt/xdk-daemon I think) and run from there but the version from the package manager is not touched.
I updated the agent I could see the manual connection in the list of connections after the target disconnected but this entry disappeared when I exited the GUI and restarted the XDK.
Any next steps?
Thanks again for your time,
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Thanks again for your help. I was contacted by a member of the XDK IoT team and he provided the following information:
1. The current version of the XDK IoT edition does not remember connection settings across sessions. Intel is aware of the issue and they hope to address the problem in the next version of the IoT XDK (August). This answered my main question, which is why I am marking this thread as solved.
2. The IoT XDK stores its settings files in the following locations, I hope this helps people debugging settings corruption problems :Windows: %localappdata%/XDK-IoT/global-settings.xdk
Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/XDK-IoT/global-settings.xdk